Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Innsbruck to Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for a company to provide a transfer for 13 adults from the Innsbruck airport to Mayrhofen next month? Thank you in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get the 10 min bus from the airport to the Hauptbahnhof, then the public bus from there. Propably 5/6 euros each, I think it's aorund an hours journey. www.oebb.at will have the timetable.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 17-01-11 20:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The direct bus from Innsbruck to Mayrhofen only goes twice a day at 1155 and 1655.
Trains are much more frequent. You would need to go from the airport to Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof (main railway station) by bus, then by train to Jenbach and then with the Zillertalbahn (local train) to Mayrhofen. It costs about €15 and takes about 1.5hrs if the connections match up.
Four Seasons Travel do transfers http://www.tirol-taxi.at/2010b/index.php?lang=en
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was there not a morning bus too?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999, Here's the Zillertal Bus and Train Timetable http://www.zillertalbahn.at/dataarchive/data47/fahrplan_2011_a3web.pdf
There are plenty of trains, but you have to change trains at Jenbach. There are only 2 direct buses at 1155 and 1655.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SaraJ, Fair enough, didn't realise that. According to OBB (and your link) the trains are pretty regular though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The trains are great and it's a pretty and pleasant journey.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
try: www.taxikroell.com

Have used them several times while working out in the Mayrhofen area.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you all for your time.

This is a lads trip and I can't see many of them going for the train or bus option, which is a shame as I imagine the train would be a great option.

I'll have a look at the transfer companies.

If anyone else has any other companies please post them.

I appreciate each of you for posting. Diolch yn fawr.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Circusthing, you may find that 13 is a really unlucky number - many companies offer 8 seats, some offer 12, but very few go larger. For one which claims to cover up to 14, see http://www.airports-shuttle.com/innsbruck-transfers/taxi-from-mayrhofen-to-innsbruck-airport.html - not a bad price either
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowshark, We ended up using Taxi Kroell who were great. They offered the best price and everything ran without a hitch. They were particularly good in helping out with a lost / misplaced passport situation.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Four Seasons Travel
www.airport-transfer.com or office@airport-transfer.com Blush
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy