Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Strictly Chemmy

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1347585/British-skiing-pin-insists-shell-fit-Strictly-Come-Dancing-shattering-leg.html

Britain's top woman skier is facing a race against time to take part in the next series of Strictly Come Dancing after her leg was shattered in an 80mph crash on the slopes.
Chemmy Alcott, 28, a friend of Princes William and Harry and Princess Anne’s daughter Zara Phillips, fractured her right leg in more than a dozen places in the training-session crash in Canada last month.
She feared she would die but was airlifted to hospital for emergency surgery to rebuild the leg, which is now held together with nine screws and a metal plate.
Just a few weeks before the accident, Chemmy had been in talks about starring in the next series of Strictly, which returns in the autumn.
BBC bosses say their offer stands and Chemmy, who is still having intensive treatment, is determined to be fit enough to start training for the show in September.
A source close to the discussions said: ‘Chemmy says she is determined to make it on to Strictly. She says she wants something good to come out of all of this.’...

Kerr-ching!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess she's retiring from competitive skiing then rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fantastic (also known as "revealing") costumes on that prog

I'll be watching then Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 from me....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand, Well Strictly will take a lot of time, maybe she will give the skiing the miss the 2011/12 season and attempt to get fully fit for the next.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, Here's hoping Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I;m torn now. Mrs NBT's always been a missive fan of strictly, while I've always left the room. Think she might twig if I suddenly develop an interest...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt, Just tell Mrs NBT that you have heard that there might be some skiing at some point snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would have thought that it might be quite a beneficial form of rehab, possible prior to returning to skiing the following season.

Needless to say, I shall be watching closely just how good a form of rehab Strictly is.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hmm, when i picture her dancing (and i frequently do), it aint quite like that Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I'm your private dancer
dancer for money
do what you want me to do
just a private dancer
a dancer for money
and any old music will do

Dutchmarks or dollars
American Express will do
nicely thank you
let me losen up your collar
tell me do you wanna see me
do the Shimmy/Chemmy again?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
halfhand, I follow Chemmy on twitter and given the gym work, and all the rehab kit she says she's using I'm sure she is planning a return to competitive skiing. It's also interesting the work she's doing on TV now, should hopefully raise her profile/British skiing's profile a bit more.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If Chem's signing up for the sequin-spangled-nation-distractor that is Strictly, she won't be training for a competitive return to racing for the 2011/12 season...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I guess she'd do really well. Skiers always seem to do well on things like Superstars, presumably because to be a world class skier, you have to be a very good all round athlete and highly coordinated. Alain Baxter barely broke sweat when he won in 2004 and Lesley McKenna was very highly placed as well. And let's not forget that it was a Swiss skier - don't know the name - who beat Brian Jacks' record for dips on the parallel bars, the ultimate test of manhood!

I'm not sure that the hours of dance training would leave her well placed to ski competitively in 2012, simply because dancing requires a much different bodyshape to skiing.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Flying Snowplough wrote:
Skiers always seem to do well on things like Superstars, presumably because to be a world class skier, you have to be a very good all round athlete and highly coordinated. Alain Baxter barely broke sweat when he won in 2004 and Lesley McKenna was very highly placed as well. And let's not forget that it was a Swiss skier - don't know the name - who beat Brian Jacks' record for dips on the parallel bars, the ultimate test of manhood!.
Bode Miller won the US version of Superstars a few years ago.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
The Flying Snowplough wrote:
Skiers always seem to do well on things like Superstars, presumably because to be a world class skier, you have to be a very good all round athlete and highly coordinated. Alain Baxter barely broke sweat when he won in 2004 and Lesley McKenna was very highly placed as well. And let's not forget that it was a Swiss skier - don't know the name - who beat Brian Jacks' record for dips on the parallel bars, the ultimate test of manhood!.

Hermann Maier, Jeremy Bloom & Kristi Leskinen too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstars
latest report
rob@rar wrote:

I guess that to survive in one piece, with a functional set of limbs after even a short ski racing career, you've got to be quite special physically.
snow report
hammerite wrote:
halfhand, given the gym work, and all the rehab kit she says she's using I'm sure she is planning a return to competitive skiing.

Chemmy has been training at my gym recently, so I can confirm that she does seem to be training pretty damn hard .... so from the looks of it I can't believe she's planning to retire.

On a separate note, it's amazing what the presence of an olympic athelete training (one legged) on the next rowing machine does for one's motivation in the gym!!

(edited for spelling)
snow report
abj, Yeah I bet Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Can't see how she'd compete if she's doing SCD, as there are direct calendar conflicts - Can't be in battering down the ladies GS course in Aspen and twirling around doing your Tan,Teeth 'n' t*ts routine at the Tower Ballroom, Blackpool on the same day.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways, I understand she doesn't think she'd be back for those early races anyway. SCD will presumably help with the come back and, you never know, might be the missing link.
snow conditions
If it helps her source some funding and raises her profile then good luck to her, she may need it if Lena and Kate's responses on the Mail comments thread are anything to go by.

Quote:
Wouldn't want her on Strictly anyway - never heard of her!
- lena, wilts, 16/1/2011 08:58

Um...who is she? Really? Hardly a celebrity...
- Kate, York, UK, 16/1/2011 00:12

Classy lassies.
latest report
Apparently Ann Widdecome is filling in for Chemmy in the early races next season ...... Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
BMF_Skier wrote:
Apparently Ann Widdecome is filling in for Chemmy in the early races next season ...... Shocked Toofy Grin

Finally a female ski racer with bigger thighs than Anja Pärson. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
nbt wrote:
Mrs NBT's always been a missive fan of strictly

Does she write in with comments then? wink

Sorry, I know what your username stands for...
latest report
Richard_Sideways, that would be a problem. Much as I enjoy the campness of Strictly, it is more popularity contest than dancing contest, therefore if people haven't heard of her, she's unlikely to get many votes. The vast majority of voters are women so the fact that she's DDG might not help there.
latest report
queen bodecia,

..... yes but it might do wonders for her popularity = more (much needed) funding.
snow report
DB, and having a romantic entanglement with the professional dance partner helps with that!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia wrote:
DB, and having a romantic entanglement with the professional dance partner helps with that!

Let's hope she doesn't get paired with Anton!
ski holidays
Amongst others these people will be in the next Austrian "Dancing with Stars"

Retired ski racer Alexandra Meissnitzer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandra_Meissnitzer
http://images01.oe24.at/meissnitzer.jpg/storySlideshow/6.259.553

Retired Swimmer Mirna Jukić
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirna_Juki%C4%87

Alfons Haider (the inspiration for Bruno) normaly hosts the program but this series he's planning to dance with another man.
http://images05.oe24.at/haider.jpg/storySlideshow/14.767.888
http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Entertainment_News/Bruno_Inspiration_Chooses_Male_Dance_Partner/
latest report
Somewhat Hensonesque isn't it - I'm taking my sport so seriously I'm taking half the season out for this nicely paying and profile raising gig? I've no complaints and think its a great thing for her to do to transition to a future career as presenter or whatever but I wouldn't be surprised if her comeback in skiing is limited next season and if other opportunities come her way as a result of SCD then it would be natural to retire form competitive skiing.
latest report
fatbob, I agree thoroughly, look at it this way, it's probably dawned her that her chances of actually winning a race have gotten further way, don't catching up with the Lindsays and the Julias (her mate). Snowsport is probably at an all-time high in Ireland and the UK and there is a gap for a female presenter/pundit....I'm aware it'd be a seasonal gig but who's the say she wouldn't pick up other sporting jobs along the way.

Fair dues to her I say....

Richard_Sideways, It's the Mail......says it all.
ski holidays
I think it's a great idea. Watch out Graham Bell...Chemmy for Ski Sunday Very Happy
ski holidays
The shelf life as a professional sportsperson is limited, and when you struggle to survive season to season anyway I think you have to do all you can to make sure you have a career or something to pay the bills when you can no longer compete. Fair play to her, she's either increasing her profile ensuring she can afford to compete for longer (I'm guessing 2014 Olympics will be her main goal now), or trying to make inroads into something she can do in the future.

I understand she's on an ESPN football programme this week too, and yet knows nothing about football!
snow report
Maybe she is trying to be the next Gabby?
ski holidays
As far as i'm concerned, most Footballers should take a look at CA's work ethic and dedication to her Sport, on next to no money by comparison. She's an inspireation as far as i'm concerned. Seems a pretty lonely job, being a Skier representing GB. Our Government should be ashamed of itself. I cringe when i read she has to train with other nations teams, just to be competitive. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
hammerite wrote:

I understand she's on an ESPN football programme this week too, and yet knows nothing about football!

She doesn't have to say anything, she can just sit there. I'll pay Very Happy
snow conditions
spud wrote:
I cringe when i read she has to train with other nations teams, just to be competitive. Evil or Very Mad

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If you want to be the best, it helps to train with the best, and learn from the best.
latest report
hammerite wrote:
spud wrote:
I cringe when i read she has to train with other nations teams, just to be competitive. Evil or Very Mad

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If you want to be the best, it helps to train with the best, and learn from the best.

Yes...I can see what you're saying, it's just the principle, if you get my drift.
snow report
queen bodecia, I think you are right.

It's not about dancing, it's about how much the public like you.

Chemmy will not go down well with the Women's Institute of Sodding Typical, especially if their husbands watch it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy