Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GBR Racers - Results

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have thought for a while that we should have a dedicated thread about GBR racers. So to start heres todays results from Les Menuires
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=64544

First place to Georgie Hunt who a few of you will know. Georgie is currently ranked 6th in slalom for GBR racers.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 16-01-11 20:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stewart woodward, could you possibly make the thread title a bit more specific, then? Thanks.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice to see him on the top step again. Seems to be skiing really well at the moment, with low 30s FIS points. Good for him!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle wrote:
stewart woodward, could you possibly make the thread title a bit more specific, then? Thanks.

Not really sure what to title the thread but have changed a little.

Sebastien H who came second is one of our instuctors. Back to snowplough tomorrow wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward, perfect, thank you!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good idea perhaps a dedicated thread in the snowsports forum Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The new FIS Points list was published today. Unfourtunatly the list does not show increases/decreases in individual racer points (unless someone knows better).

However a couple of observations:

GB Ladies. Now Chemmy is injured we only have Pamela Thorburn competing on the EC/WC circuit. Our No 1 slalom skier, Louise Thomas, is also studying at University and is not competing this year. Natalie Beattie appears to be getting some good results this season and is improving her points.

GB Men. Noel Baxters recent results have improved his points and hopefully will give him an automatic start in the World champioships. I am sure some of our other guys will have to prequalify.

If you follow any particular racers please update their results so we can follow their progress.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TJ Baldwin, the youngest member of the GB senior team, has had 2 good recent GS results (8th in Nor-Am with fastest 2nd run time - & 11th in FIS race)
He is now ranked No1 in GB for GS.
This goes with his No1 ranking in Super Combi which he has held since he was a Junior.
He's hoping to go to the World champs but it's not certain.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plugboy wrote:
TJ Baldwin, the youngest member of the GB senior team, has had 2 good recent GS results (8th in Nor-Am with fastest 2nd run time - & 11th in FIS race)
He is now ranked No1 in GB for GS.
This goes with his No1 ranking in Super Combi which he has held since he was a Junior.
He's hoping to go to the World champs but it's not certain.

Oliver tells me TJ is very good at table football too ... been playing while staying at the BSA this week Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good result for TJ in Tignes today against some of the French World Cup boys. Unfourtunatly i didn't manage to catch his run as i was working.

I thought a few of GB ladies would also be competing prior to the Brit championships but none are on the start/finish list. Just a quick mention for my bosses daughter,Laura Gauche 16 years old, who managed 30th place in downhill training. No wonder Rorie & myself couldn't keep up with her last sunday when we were training together Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another good day for TJ. 15th Overall and skied to 41 pts.

The bosses daughter came 16th and skied to 51 pts rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy