Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving Zell am see to Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Mayrhofen over the feb half term by car.(17-26 feb)
I am interested in looking at a few apartments in Zell am see, as a possible purchase might be on the cards.Therefore we might as well take the opportunity to have a look before the start of our holiday, as we are now going to leave a day earlier for the viewings.
Google maps shows the route via mittersill as 57 miles. Does anyone have any info of this route in the winter? Is it a low route or does it invole any high roads and passes or would the longer motorway route be a better bet, any info appreciated.
Before i'm reminded about winter tyres by anyone, our car is fully winterised!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
daveqpr, look ,at Via Michelin, The distance is 100km, and there is no highroads, the roat over Mittersill is the best choice,,
http://www.viamichelin.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The road via Mittersill does involve driving over the Gerlos Pass (summit 1630 metres) which should be possible for a winterised car (apart from times of heavy snowfalls when it may be closed or difficult for some time). It is not a route I have driven myself in winter, though. A trip over the road costs €7,50. You can find more details here. You'll probably just have to play it by ear and check current road reports to decide whether it is practical in Feb.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Gerlos Pass isn't a bad road to drive over, it's steep and windy in places but it is also quite wide so if there is no snow on the roads then it woud be ok. It's also very pretty, so if you've got time on your hands it's worth it for the scenery!
I haven't compared the times/distances so I've no idea which would be actually the quicker route.
If it's snowing though, without question I'd take the motorway.

The toll road/pass is free with a valid Zillertal Superski Pass... There's a card reader next to the toll booth - though I realise that doesn't help you daveqpr, as you (probably) won't have your Mayrhofen lift pass yet!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy