Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying with Monarch - Good News

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Came out to Grenoble yesterday from Gatwick - was paranoid about baggage allowances and carrying an ABS pack - apart from the horrific check in queue (1 hour) everything went so well, we were well under our allowance of 20kg but our double coffin snowboard bag (180) carrying two sets of skis my ABS and some other gear was 26kg and the check in guy didn't say anything!

He also was none too bothered about the ABS pack, just shrugged his shoulders when I showed him some IATA guideline and waved it through!

Other people's bags were well over 20kg and they had no problems!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Phew ....

Flying with them next Sunday - you can bet the opposite is going to happen now that i'll be packing teh ski bag with as much luggage as possible Sad

Where did you do Weathercam, and did you have a good week ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Still out here (only arrived yesterday) - Serre Chevalier
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
9 hour delay at GVA with Monarch yesterday.

At 3 hours late:
"Minor technical fault, but the good news is we can still fly, please be patient for about 20 minutes".

5 hours later:
"The flight computer suffered a complete catastrophic failure, and an engineer has been flown over from the UK to fix it"

Enjoy your flights on Monarch, everyone!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last year the Monarch plane we were meant to take somehow had it's front door broken...

They thought they could fix it, so an engineer was sent out, but no... Then they had to send a new plane!

Hey ho, am booked on them again flying to Grenoble! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam, have you felt the need to wear the ABS pack?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Monarch were fine when I flew to Geneva in January.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm flying on the 27th to Grenoble so I hope its all smooth! Normally they are (touch wood)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Monarch have been fine on two trips via Grenoble this season - early if anything
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
Weathercam, have you felt the need to wear the ABS pack?

It gives him better protection when he absent mindedly hucks 50ft cliffs..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name, don't quite know the point you are attempting to make, are you trying to suggest ABS are just fashion items etc?

In which case as a bit of fashion advice for you I suggest you take your head out of your **** Smile

When you do this type of stuff on your own it gives you a degree of confidence, though going off a 50' cliff I'm not so sure rolling eyes

Plus various stuff in La G and elsewhere etc etc

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/27253456

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26950496
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If the doors are likely to fall off, you would be better off with a parachute than an ABS pack! But why am I laughing, we fly with Monarch next week!
Last year, returning from Selva via Innsbruck, the Monarch pilot was the only one who thought that it was too windy to take off. After a long delay, we were bussed to Verona. Other planes taking off all the time! Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Moondog, mmm. Commercial pressures can be considerable, so I rather like the idea of an airline in which a captain does not feel under pressure to do what other captains are deciding/being pushed into when it comes to flight safety.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam, I may be wrong, but I read under a new name's question to be about the conditions out there rather than anything else. Confused
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
"The captain says we can't fly because the aircraft is broken. We have a replacement captain, on his way"
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy