Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ninthward Comte - anyone tell me anything??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, just been browsing ebay, looking for a cheapish pair of twin tips,(thinking second hand 1080's or the like) and came across these brand new, does anyone know much about them??

Ive already got a set of skis i bought for canada last season (elan zenmaster 185's) however this year, im going to be going bulgaria, and am going with people with a lower ability than myself, so will be doubtful ill be getting to do much powder(unless of course there is a couple of big dumps whilst im out there and its on the piste). And im really wanting to start learning park stuff.

Rather tempted by these skis as a park/piste/messing round ski, the kind of thing i can not be worried about hitting rails on, or getting a small scrape on(my current skis are immaculate due to good snow coverage in canada last year, this years trips dont look as good) or summit i can use on local hills when the snow permits.

just wondered if anyone had got, or ski'd a pair, and what they were like on the piste??

Should also say im going to be sticking them on railflex/schizo etc bindings, so i can have a play about with mounting point.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kev182, Try the search on here, as i think easiski has used them at a demo, are apparently good for all mountain, but a bit soft, so don't be heavy. Zenmasters are quite stiff arn't they?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yea i did do a little search found someone saying they liked them. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=322145&highlight=comte#322145 was the topic, however they're a good a 30 - 35kg lighter than me (i know its new year, and diets are in order,but i aint going to lose that much) yea the zenmasters are stiff, I tried some head twin tips (mojo seems to ring a bell) last year, at 175ish,which were flexier, and they seemed easier to turn on the piste, and a lot better going switch, didnt get a chance to really go quick in them,and they seemed a load lighter too.

If i can get something thatll handle park and all mountain duties decent on the cheap id like to go for them, and ill either flog the zenmasters on, or keep them for a trip where im going to be doing more off piste. just dont want to get something thats going to be useless on the groomed stuff. as if thats the case I may as well stick with what ive got and just make do in the park.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You should be able to get brand new (but a few years old) Dynastar Big Troubles pretty cheap on Ebay (American/French/German are best), which sound like they'd be exactly what you want.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just been reading about them on the french ebay, (Thanks for the tip) but theyve got exactly the same sidecut and turn radius as my current skis? is it just the construction of them that makes all the difference??

being 205-210lbs and 6 foot 3, would going down to a 176 be too short?? (trying 175's felt a load more fun than my 185's, but is that just because they are more fun, or because i was trying a far superior ski to mine)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Aah I don't know the skis you aready have so didn't realise that - construction can make a difference but there's no point buying another set with the same dims, I thought your pow skis woul be bigger. FWIW, I find the BT's great everyday skis, and I carve them fine (and properly wink ) on all but the hardest/iciest slopes.

I'm 5 foot 9 a just over 70kg and in really deep or crusty snow I sometimes wish my 176's were just a little longer - they have a really severe 'upturn' at the back, more so than most other twins, so they probably woul be too small for you, although I guess it depends a little on your skiing style and preferences.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yea, i bought them zenmasters last year as a bit of a do everything ski, and they do appear to do everything, they just seemed kinda dull and heavy when trying to use them in the park, and I didnt seem to air off rollers on them when compared to skiing rentals the previous year in italy, and I then tried some head twintips out there, and they just seemed a bit more fun(i.e i was able to land sketchy 180's on them with ease)

The more i read and the more i look into it, I think im going to just stick with these zenmasters unless something comes up stupid cheap. I originally had the idea when we had big dumps of snow here before crimbo that getting some sub £100 cheapo skis for messing round on wouldnt be a bad shout, and thought if i got some twin tips i could get something to batter in the park and keep my current skis tidy, Which kinda progressed itself into wondering if for not much more i could end up with a better ski for everyday use, but it doesnt look like.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy