Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Apres Ski and Happy Hours in Mayrhofen.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow snowheads, hope everyone has managed to get some snow in!

Just after any advice and info about Happy hours and best drink holes in Mayrhofen, not been before and going next week, sooooo excited!!!

Thanks and happy riding!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Soph_boarder, Happy hour etc is not really a feature of Mayhofen. Maybe it is because the whole resort is so reasonable. We were paying €3.50 for big beers most places last Easter, so very good value copared with France.

We enjoyed The Scotland Yard pub, which is one street away from the main drag. Great place to ski/board as well as eat and drink.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, I did just get back from Les Arcs yesterday so by the sounds of it it will seem cheap anyway. One mate was working on the theory ( whilst drunk ) that if it was under €10 it was affordable?!?!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The butcher opposite the Penken lift was great for a sandwich and a 1/2 litre bottle of Pils at the end of the day.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 16-01-11 17:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hans the butcher. Don't miss it!

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish, is the dude actually Hans? Either way their pig in a roll is superb Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Circusthing, Great recommendation that place is super way to line the stomach before hitting the ICE BAR

Soph_boarder, At the top of the Gondola - Elk Bar, once down in the village, ICE BAR or if you turn right and head up the village and over the bridge there is a bar where allot of the staff / instructors do the apres,

A beer at the bottom of the Ahorn Gondola is super.

For later on Scotland Yard and Moes are quite good and then back to the nightclub under the strauss Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Circusthing, Great recommendation that place is super way to line the stomach before hitting the ICE BAR

Soph_boarder, At the top of the Gondola - Elk Bar, once down in the village, ICE BAR or if you turn right and head up the village and over the bridge there is a bar where allot of the staff / instructors do the apres,

A beer at the bottom of the Ahorn Gondola is super.

For later on Scotland Yard and Moes are quite good and then back to the nightclub under the strauss Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andytb, There were special Snowbombing T-shirts featuring his name thus last Easter. Before you start thinking I must be so cool to be at that, it was my son's party. I went for the skiing - which was excellent.

snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fattes13, Is the bar near the Ahorn gondola called 'Nikkis'? That was god fun, but not quite as good as the Ice Bar. Moe's is great for later on or those who don't enjoy drinking too much Grolsch, too much Jagermeister and jumping around to bad music straight off the mountain.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ice Bar for apres ski, Schlusselalm later in the evening
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Eyeopener wrote:
Ice Bar for apres ski, Schlusselalm later in the evening
Where is Schlusselalm?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
+ 1 for Schlusselalm.

And Circusthing, it is just over the bridge from the Penken gondola, about half way between the Penken gondola and the Ahorn Gondola.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Leeds_Skier, Cheers, thats likley to be what I thought was NIkkis.

Just a month until I'm back there. Nice. Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Are there any bars that have live bands playing?
As much as I like oompah music and europop, I'm really asking about the English cover type band
Many thanks
snow report
daveqpr,

Not that I know of. But I only went there for a week so obviously my knowledge is quite limited. We stayed in the Hotel Strass near the Penken gondola and they had a resident singer who covered British speaking songs and he was quite good.

If you hold out until April there is of course Snowbombing. But it'll be a bit of a lottery in terms of snow conditions with it being fairly low down. I think Prodigy and Pendulum are on the line up this year, so it should be awesome!!!
ski holidays
Circusthing, Its Nikki's Schirm Bar.
daveqpr, There's live music in Mo's bar a lot of nights and a Londoner named Brian Cristopher has a residency in the sports bar of the Hotel Strass which is just down from the gondola station. He's excellent, good singer and fantastic guitarist. IIRC he plays six nights a week but doesn't start until 1st March.

http://www.briancristopher.com/
ski holidays
Leeds_Skier, I've been out in Mayrhofen for Snowbombing week for the past 3 years. 2008 and 2009 were both great snow and cover, 2010 much warmer but still complete piste coverage. There was no question any year of the flagship Ahorn valley run being closed despite it going to 630m but remember the ski area's otherwise lowest point is 1600.

What do they say, add 300m for Austria compared to France?

I can also echo the positive reviews of Brian Cristopher
latest report
Went to Mayrhofen in Jan 2010 - echo the recommendations for the Ice Bar for apres ski straight after skiing.

The guitarist in the Sports bar was brilliant (not sure if it was that Brian guy) but he was brilliant anyway. Great atmosphere and lots of singing but not too rowdy.

Wasn't as keen on Scotland Yard - a bit too packed for my liking.

Nikki's Schirm Bar was very good as well. Mo's was quite quiet the week we were there.
ski holidays
If yer in a group Bruck & Stadl (I think) at the bottom of the Ahorn is good....you need to be in a group cos theres only Austrians, Germans & Dutch there....failing that, the craic in the IceBar is legend....and DON'T MISS Tuesday night up in the White Lounge at the top of the Ahorn.....pure mental.
latest report
My vote goes to Nikki's rather than Ice Bar, music always seems better. Back there on the 26th, can't wait.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy