Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort to suit both skiers and non skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm after any advice please. I am looking to organise a family trip to a skiing area that needs to appeal to non skiing grandparents and young teenager as well as a skiing family. As this will be at Easter I'll need a snow sure area. Any thoughts on resorts / hotels greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any one with snow will do just fine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Easter this year? The problem is, as I guess SMALLZOOKEEPER, is pointing out, is that Easter is very very late. Only the highest resorts will still be open and they are the least suitable for non-skiers as they are, of necessity, high up in the mountains.

Not at all easy that.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have had some very successful Christmas breaks as 3 generations (some skiers other not) in the Italian Dolomites;
not for nothing is it a world heritage site for natural beauty.

We used Colletts Mountain Holidays (they have good reviews here on SH and I am a great fan) each day there are led ski sessions - and all skiers should have the selle ronda in their bucket list, but there are also walks and snowshoe sessions. Worked well for us with ages from 15 to 70. They also collect from Vennice Marco Polo, and how often does the owner of the company (Tom Collett) 'phone you ahead of the holiday to check everything is in good form? The staff are absolute sweethearts too.

PM if you want to pick brain further.

Ian
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blondescanski, Hi,,, it seems to me that U are a little late to have a good deal for easter,, but anyway, its difficult to find a good resort with all this U want, snow, teenager, noonskiing grandparents, high snowsure resort is NOT nice for the grandparents if they dont ski. I dont know about your budget, but the only advice I can give U is to Salt lake City, and take morningbus to Alta, or Aspen Colorado
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Aspen have a international airport
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ian Kenvyn, its difficult for the snow this easter, in the Dolomites
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Blondescanski, Zermatt fits the bill - better than almost anywhere, I'd have thought.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for your ideas. I realise it's a tall order!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you can afford the budget then I would go to Whistler. It is snow sure and will be green in the valley/town so loads of walks as long as they stay low. You can also do lots of different snowshoe walks down the mountain.

There is a great sportscentre with all you would expect in there for all ages. More excitement is available on the Zip wire or tube sliding park.

Then there is always trips down to Vancouver which whilst 2hours away is a brilliant place.

Whistler mountain was due to shut on the 26th April but they sometimes extend if enough people and snow. Blackcomb will still be open so it is not too much of a problem as you will still have a huge ski area if you are going over the actual Easter bank holiday.

Not to mention direct flights and a short(ish) transfer.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I second the above - Zermatt.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Blondescanski, Lech, staying in oberlech at the montanna, great walking for the grandparents, good skiing , and loads of fun areas for the teenager Inc toboggan run all the way down to town before dinner Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Neilski, Yes,, its nice walk,, but in one week Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blondescanski, I can in one way agree with Jake43, about Whistler, but the resorts in Utah or Colorado is alot more snowsure in end of april, there can be powderdays if U are lucky,,,
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Zermatt
ski holidays
I agree with the others who have recommended Zermatt.
Plusses are:
High altitude ski areas including glacier
Plenty of winter walks
Car Free village
Some of the best mountain restaurants of any ski resort.
Great views of the Matterhorn (the most photogenic mountain in the world IMV) Very Happy . The museum in the town tells the story of it's first succesful ascent by Edward Whymper and the tragic accident on the descent (the graveyard in the Church is also a sad testament to the many climbers who have died there in pursuit of their love of mountaineering)

Only minus:
The poor exchange rate of the pound against the Swiss Franc makes it even more expensive than usual. Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy