Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heya Guys

I'm heading out to Whistler on the 5th Feb till the end of the season! So amped! I'm doing my CASI/CSIA lvl 1 & 2 with 5 friends as part of the international academy instruction course

I have a website where i'll be blogging the trip, if anyone has any advice about the CASI or whistler or anything to be aware of then i'd really appreciate it! Good bars, places to eat etc - anything really!

Come check us out at www.peak2piste.com or like our fb page www.facebook.com/peak2piste and we'll be able to keep you updated

Sam
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Learn to speak with an Australian accent. Lose complete respect for yourself. Be careful walking home when drunk.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor,
Quote:

Be careful walking home when drunk.

That is such good advice, when all the buildings look identical. The last time I was there, I thought I was doomed to walk round Whistler all night. Shocked (Not only was I slightly drunk, I also have a terrible sense of direction.Embarassed)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
savage beagle and Earls top night and top food,longhorns apres.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski down to creekside and have a pulled pork sarni at lunch time. They are fantastic and much quieter than any outlet on the hills.

Merlins or Longhorn for Atmosphere. The instructors have a regular routine at each bar so I guess you will get into the swing of it.

Brewhouse for the great beer and apres snack - food is not bad either.

Old Spaghetti factory for cheapest good food - you do have to book to get in.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the brewhouse try the grizzly`s blood,then try and find your way home after 7-8 pints. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Longhorn apres beer and nachos.... has to be done Smile)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did january - april 09n and did my CASI level 1 and 2. Whistler is the poo-poo. My best advice to you would be to ride on blackcomb as much as possible because thats where they do the exam, so you'll want to know the terrain well. I lived in creekside, so it was easier for me to get to whistler mountain so i didnt ride blackcomb as much and when it came to my level 2 teaching it would of been handy to know where i was going Embarassed

Whistler and Blackcomb are massive. I learned my way round whistler mountain pretty well by the time i left i think. I met a couple of cool locals that showed me some amazing stashes. Hike flute on a powder day. The gun barrels are cool. Jedi trees, near ratfink. Stefans chute and bagel bowl. Cut off highway 86 into the trees, there is an amazing stash in there, but you gota cut left or right straight after it or you're Be Nice please!.

Here check out this vid i made from my time in whistler
http://youtube.com/v/eDzECYOmuMg
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It’s been a couple of years since we were there but heading back in early March
If you want something to eat on Whistler, head for the Chic pea. It is normally a little quieter than the Round house. We tended to stop at 11 to grab a bite , ski over lunch when slopes quieter and then grab something light at 2. That way you can avoid the mad crowds. also Blackcomb is normally a bit quieter than Whistler mountain
GLC is great for food and drinks after skiing. Spent many an hour proppingup the bar after busting up my knee a few years back :lol
If it is a weekend the runs at the bottom into the village can get a bit rough due to numbers and heavy traffic. Also if I remember right the lifts close at 3
Well worth doing the first /fresh tracks if you can get up early enough. Done it a couple of times and always enjoyed it.
Hope this helps, have a great time
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy