Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bolle nova? Most importantly: modulator lenses?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just bought myself a pair of bolle nova with modulator vermillion lenses. Has anyone got these or heard much about them? I was hoping to use them for all conditions as I usually wear sunglasses with a beanie but this year I have just got a new helmet
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got this lens in my bolle goggles although I've only used them for a week as they were a new purchase for me too.
I particularly liked them in the sort of light when I would normally have worn sunglasses as you are unaware of the "modulating" effect as you move from very bright to not so bright conditions.I also like the "pinkish"view of everything. On cloudy days I found the contrast and definition very good. Wasn't able to test them in really flat light though.
I ended up wearing them all the time
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have exactly the same pair, they do change shade, but not as quickly as you would expect, i wear them in all conditions and get on fine with them. I still find in really overcast conditions that they are still a bit dark but far better than normal lenses of which i also have in a bolle shark goggle.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been wearing modulators for several years. I rate the vermillion version as the BEST low light lens I've ever used

They are great for mid to low light but allow a little too much through for really bright days. I wear my Oaklys with black persimon for those

Me, I wear goggles all the time. cant see due to eyes watering if I dont, even with large sunnies. And of course as Ive been wearing a helmet for years being a gaper is not an option
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
safc2008ftm, I, and my son, have been using these for the past couple of years. What the others are saying is much my experience too. They are great for most conditions but very bright or very dull, flat days are slightly outside their range but 90% of the time they are good. Seem to last well too, probably used ours for 15 weeks ish with no problems.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think these might have just moved up my "want list".

snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought some of these for my OH on Ebay, she hasn't used them yet but they look good quality and at £30 I thought they were worth a punt.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170586323956&var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Since getting these I wear them all the time now in all conditions. Optical quality is not the best, but that's being quite pedantic. Was sat on a chairlift one time in really bright conditions just staring that the scenery and not moving for a few minutes. Turned my head to look at something else, and noticed that the top half of the lens that was in the shade of the peak of my hat stayed bright and the lower half was dark! It does work!

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well i got these goggles and wore them for a week in tignes. It was sunny the whole time barring an hour at the end of the holiday. These goggles were imense for both flat light and bright sunshine. They did not fog up at all despite me sweating for hours on end. The field of vision was also fantastic. The only criticism was that they tended to sit lower down my nose when wearing with a helmet.

The technology works!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy