Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hi everyone, new to the crew wth some questions about Les Arcs.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I have never really thought about using forums much untill a friend of mine recommended this site, I am travelling to Les Arcs 1950 (Le Village) in the next 24 hours and was wondering if anyone who has information or advice with regards to:

1. Snowboard Hire,
2. Ski Pass,
3. Good Restaurants
4. Good Advice

as I normally only travel to Sierra Nevada Spain for snowboarding.

Any information about this would be very helpful.

Cheers again everyone,

Ryan
Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Ryan, welcome to SnowHeads!

Can't help you myself, never been to Les Arcs, but there are plenty of people here who have - have a look in the Resort Reviews and Trip Reports section of the forum, you may find some useful info there.

- you may want to post the question in the Piste section too seeing time is a factor - it gets more traffic than the snowboarders forum, it's the skiers see, they're funny like that wink

Either way, sure you'll enjoy your trip.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ryanh1982, welcome to snowHeads, there are several Le Arcs experts, regulars and owners on here several of them will be along soon wink
My best advice is to get a Paradiski pass and spend your time in La Plange wink
That may be a bit biased, check my signature line. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ryanh1982, welcome to the crew!

Also can't offer any Les Arcs advice, though I hear L'Aguille Rouge is a must-do. Happy Sliding and tell us all about it when you get back Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing wrote:
La Plange

I've done a search and can't find that resort. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone for the replys and advice, I will look into other forum pages aswell.

Cheers

Ryan Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ryanh1982, Welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Arcs is miles better than La Plagne. Theres plenty of piste and off piste action in Les Arcs. If you want cheap, stay at 1600, super luxury 1950, party time 1800. Access is pretty good throughout the area. If you get the full pass you can get out to La Plagne if you must. The best restuarant for me was at 2000 and called Chez Eux, though I didn't try them all out! When you know where you're staying then someone may recommend hire. I have my own gear so cant help there. Good luck and enjoy. Oh and theres a natural halfpipe somewhere. Cant remember where though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ryanh1982, welcome to snowHeads. snowHead

I've changed your title to attract those with knowledge on Les Arcs that might not otherwise look.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, we spent 8 days in Arcs 2000 last jan, didn't go over to La Plagne and i don't feel i missed out - there's plenty of miles/terrain to cover on the Arcs area pass. I preferred the 1800 side of the area especially in the afternoon sun, also teh black down from les deux tetes to the valley below 1950 was great with good snow, very quiet.

L'aguille rouge was a bit of a chore tbh but we did it late in the day when a lot of snow had been scrubbed off it. Arriving in villaroger was hilarious though, like going back in time - 4 elderly french gents in ancient jackets, jeans, rear-entry boots puffing on gitanes and eyeing us suspiciously!! However coming back up on the chair i saw some epic tree-fun to be had to the sides.

Oops, just noticed you're already there! hope you're having a great time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Let us know how you get on!

I got back from 2000 yesterday and its one of the best holidays I've had! Got a bit icy on last day coz was cold with no snow but still plenty of powder to find. Use your pass to take a free trip to Val D'isere one day too, well worth gettin up early Happy

Crazy Fox at 4:30 for happy hour, and the bowling ally, very good drink prices! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ryanh1982, there is a whole thread for Les Arcs in the snow reports section where many of us post. Take a look there and ask questions. You can also visit my facebook group page 'Les Arcs ski and snowboard info group'. Link below. Come to George's Wine Bar in Arc 1950 any day from about 5pm and there are normally some of us around to chat with. Hope that all helps.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy