Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Price of a large Beer and a Spag Bol survey

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

the totty in the restaurants

Perhaps this is another criterion to be factored in?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The most central, cheapest and best located for the slopes restaurant in Les Saisies doesn't do spag bol but we had lunch there today - large plate of chips and chicken wings 5.90. I had a small beer which was 2.60 - so I guess a big one would be 5.20.

We shared the chips and wings - I wouldn't want to eat a whole one, but a hungry lad no doubt would.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At the Birkhanalm at the top of the Achter-Jet bubble lift in Flachau, a plate spag bol was 6.20€ and a 0.5litre of draught beer was 3.40€. We found ourselves looking at the prices because of this thread, sad isn't it as we only popped in for a drink!

This is one of the busiest restaurants on the slopes at Flachau (venue for last weeks Ladies races.). The portion I saw being given to someone else in the queue was enormous - easily could feed three English-type appetites, but the German-speaking guy who bought the portion looked as if he'd have no trouble eating all of it and the plate Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
deleted post

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 15-01-11 19:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sure the totty in La Rosiere will surpass any other
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hochzillertal was around 3.30 E for a large beer - can't remember spagbol - too much volume for my liking but I guess around 7 E. We usually share a Tiroler Grosstl and then I get the obligatory apfel strudel - works out at 6 each ish
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the comments so far particulalry from those who have gone out the way to get prices! What would be good is some prices from the supposed budget resorts, Bulgaria, Slovenia, etc and also some more from the posh resorts (is the cheapest beer in lech really €24).

Pete
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from a trip based in Kaprun - (we skied Saalbach , Zell am See and of course the Kaprun glacier) - the cheapest beer I found was on the local hill at Maiscogel were we spent a couple of hours late afternoon - a large Stiegel was 2.90 euros - considerably cheaper than the £3.15 they charge for a pint of Stella in my local. The general going rate was 3.30 euros.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w,
Quote:

I don't know what it is about gulaschsuppe. I've looked for recipes, I've asked on SHs, but I've not seen a recipe which looks like it would make soup anything ike as nice as the gulaschsuppe I remember from Austrian holidays - and I've certainly seen nothing like it round here. Maybe it's a state secret? The recipes I've seen are basically a beef stew, but the gulaschsuppe I remember enjoying was much smoother than that
Oddly enough, I've just stumbled on a recipe which I must have cut out of a newspaper about 30 years ago. It seemed rather uninspiring, but it provoked me into doing some Googling. I have deduced that there are two crucial ingredients, paprika and caraway seeds (very Hungarian, and some do allege that the dish is Hungarian and not Austrian or German) but that otherwise it is indeed a sort of beef stew. I found one recipe that used minced rather than cubed beef - guess that would make it 'smooth.'
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PeteMan wrote:
Thanks for all the comments so far particulalry from those who have gone out the way to get prices! What would be good is some prices from the supposed budget resorts, Bulgaria, Slovenia, etc and also some more from the posh resorts (is the cheapest beer in lech really €24).

Pete

Lech isn't that expensive. At the Goldener Berg: spagbol eur 12,50, beer eur 5.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Resto at top of Roche De Mio, La Plagne:

Spag bol - 14 euro (but comes with complimentary grated cheese wink )

Not sure of beer price as was still feeling effects of night before!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PeteMan, I suspect that price would be for a three litre glass so six times the size of a normal beer so four euros a beer.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any prices for Italy (assuming they do Spag Bol Very Happy )?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PeteMan wrote:
Any prices for Italy (assuming they do Spag Bol Very Happy )?

I was in Arabba in the Dolomites last week. Unsurprisingly, pasta dishes were aplenty in the mountain restaurants, not just Spaghetti al Ragu (the Italian name for Spag Bol), but such culinary delights as Papardelle ai Funghi, Orecchiette agli Spinaci con Panna e Speck, Casunziei Rossi all'Ampezzana, Penne all'Amatriciana, Ravioli al Cervo, etc., mostly made with fresh pasta and delicious. Prices ranged from €6.00-€9.00, depending on the cost of the ingredients. Large beers ranged from €3.50-€4.00

Buon Appetito!! snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can I assume similar prices in Sauze?
snow report
PeteMan wrote:

No direct experience of the Milky Way since I went to Montgenevre/Claviere in 2001, but I expect it will be similar to the Dolomites, maybe even slightly cheaper. Alcohol consumption was always a feature of Sauze, so there may be offers on for beers.

The 'Where to Ski & Snowboard' did a price survey for in-resort costs and they put the Milky Way & Sella Ronda areas at 85% of a notional average.
snow report
Didn't eat it myself, but mountain restaurant in Schladming 9 Euros for Spaghetti Bol and 0.5 litres schladminger (5.1% proof) - personally preferred Gulaschsuppe - didn't sit quite so heavily for the afternoon!
snow conditions
PeteMan wrote:

Just back from Sestriere but skied in Sauze too. Small beers seemed to be 3 euros everywhere. Don't eat spag bol but soup ranged from 5 to 8.5euros. All vegetable (didn't find any meaty ones) and ranging from tasteless to not bad. The 8.5 one was the worst rolling eyes .
snow conditions
maggi, Don't you make your own soup ? wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
geepee, I do. But I don't normally have the ingredients, the food processor or the cooker with me when I'm up a mountain NehNeh .
snow report
Quote:

I don't normally have the ingredients, the food processor or the cooker with me when I'm up a mountain

lightweight!
ski holidays
I went to the Tyrol in January.Great value 3.5 euro a beer.
Gulash soup 4 euro.
Have you ever tried a (spelling?)gnermknodel for pudding. Yummy and enough to share for 4 euro.
latest report
hedley, Germknödel, not had one for years, delicious. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Any prices for Andorra?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy