Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel red runs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Courchevel in April this year and have a couple of timid intermediates with us. I have heard that some of the red runs from Vizelle and Saulire can be quite challenging so would welcome any advice on some easy red runs we could progress them onto. Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
only right at the top - the intial pitch off saulire can be a bit step and icy if its after mid day and the boarders and skidders have been over the edge. If there's no-one around - happens occasionally no prob anyway;

creux is a great long red run that will bring you frmo top of mountain all the way into town, or you can keep branching off and going back up again

work your way over to the far left on teh piste map to Chapelets - again lovely views, often very quiet

on the meribel side of courchevel , down from col de loze there's a red that goes down through the trees and works all th way down to the lower village
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

There is an easy way down from the top of Saulire.. a track leads off the side of the top and zig zags down, therefore missing the hard bit.

Get your ski legs back in 1650.. lots of lovely blue and comfortable reds.. agree with sev112, Chapelets is one of my favorites.

Folyeres down to La Tania is blue but I would rate it a little more purple in patches so that should be a good one for you.. especially as there are some great cheap eats in La Tania this year.

Enjoy!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks for the advice, will give them a go.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just come back from La Tania and would endorse all of the above. My wife, who is just getting to grips with reds, skied Creux as her first proper red without an instructor and loved it. Its a lovely run.
She wouldn't do Saulire though.
1650 is great terrain for building confidence. I'd add Roc Merlet which links with the lower bit of Creux to 1650 and Loze which runs back into 1850 from the Chenus chair. You can avoid the steeper lower slope by skipping onto the blue. The middle section has wide open, relatively quiet, bluey slopes.
The great thing about Courchevel is that there is enough varied terrain to keep a mixed ability group well entertained. The less confident can usually avoid the steeper sections without feeling left out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Meribel. Spent a lot of time in and around Saulire and Chenus. Descent to Meribel Altiport area is straightforward from there on reds and blues - just keep right from the top and take the Lozes back again. Nothing in that area is beyond the average skier (apart from the black run on the Meribel side).

Creux is a nice long run, and the blue runs down are pretty fine too. To be honest, I didn't find much different between reds and blues at the top of the slopes. At the bottom, the blues were very blueish-green, though.

Didn't make it to La Tania. The gondola was knacked the day we intended to head there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy