Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets

brian
brian
Anybody got any strong aversions to this place for a mixed ability family party (4 adults, 4 kids, ages 5-40) for February half term ?

Just about to book self catered chalet there, it seems to have everything we want except altitude, but mid-Feb should be fairly reliable, no ?

You have today to put me off !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope, I think you'll do fine there - it's a great family resort with the proviso it's low (but higher than Morzine). Mid Feb I would guess will be as good as you'll get in terms of snow reliability. Another big benefit is the short transfer with kids.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, my sister has been with younger kids for several seasons now and is booked for next March. She can speak no ill of the place, although I have only driven through on the way to Morzine (one of the drawbacks - just check out where your chalet is located)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
although lower than Morzine, it got snow when Morzine got rain last time I was there! Great for kids
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd recommend it too. There is a particularly good ski school in Les Gets which I have used, the name of which I can't remember but will be able to find out tonight and will post it here unless someone beats me to it. (its the one with the particularly zany web site if anyone knows it)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have been for the last 5 years both at half term and in early March never had any problems. There is a good report
on Les Gets in the Resort section together with Ski school recommendations.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's wall to wall English in Les Gets, Febuary will be especially busy. It'll be like being in a village somewhere in the south east of the UK. If you want to get English beer, newspapers etc then it's the place to go.
snow report
 brian
brian
Ok, so mostly positive but a bit Méribel-esque. Thanks folks.

ise, any other child friendly places close to Geneva you'd be more inclined to ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, I've spent lots of time in Les Gets, summer and winter. Yes, it is a bit English, but there's still lots of French, and Scandinavians for some reason (there's a bar where the Swedish congregate called Bar Bush which is quite fun).

I'd say it was pretty spot on for your group, a good mixture of pistes, bars, restaurants (village and mountain), a good snow record, and easy access to Morzine for a change of scene.

Don't miss going to Le Boomerang for a drink or a meal out one night - great place!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Gets great place for your group, be careful of the main Rd it gets very busy. If there is no snow at Les Get everyone goes up to Avoriaz which is fine if you have your own car but if not.............
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian wrote:
Ok, so mostly positive but a bit Méribel-esque. Thanks folks.

ise, any other child friendly places close to Geneva you'd be more inclined to ?

Meribel ? You're joking Very Happy Like Eastbourne is similar to Blackpool.

Haute Nendaz in Switzerland is very popular, it's a bit unpleasant though. In France, St Gervais, Les Contamines, Megeve, Praz sur Arly, La Clusaz, Gd Bornard, Flaine, Samoens, Les Carroz, Flaine, Morillon, other places in PdS even. In Switzerland, anywhere, Verbier and Ht Nendaz being bottom of my list, so Crans Montanna, Swiss PdS, Zermatt, they'll all be quieter than France in February of course.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy