Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Europe (working for)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone has previously worked for Skiing Europe (as an instructor), would be intersted to hear of your experience ... (here or by PM).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes....lots, will send a PM
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
smithski, I'll PM you with my experience of working with these people.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LOL, interesting how everybody is sending PMs ...

... I have a colleague who worked for them, I believe it was just the once and he has no intention of doing so again ...

... I won't be sending in any applications to them either Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was going to reply, then saw GreyCat is going to PM you.
He will say anything I would want to say.

But at the end of the day ...
If you are confidant, and like to run things yourself, and take charge, they can be good to work for.
If you want uniforms, rigid rules, support, getting paid on time etc. go to Interski

I still work for them occasionaly because I miss working with a group of kids,
and I like the freedom to take them off for the week & make my own decisions,
but I logged my 200 hours with them & know exactly what I am letting myself in for.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know more.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've worked with them a couple of times and they are fine. They are not the slick organised operation of Interski for example, and if you're an inexperienced instructor you'll get a lot more support from Interski (eg you'll be taught the progression if you're not familiar with it, there are reps circling the slopes all day so lots of back up etc). Some instructors I worked with preferred Skiing Europe over Interski for this reason. I was paid on time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks all for your responses, not exactly as expeceted Happy but revealing and informative. I think it is best to leave it at that.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have done a few weeks for them in the past, on the whole found it to be an OK experience. But the work I did for them was about 15 years ago so no idea what they might be like these days.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi
Would you mind sending me the info as well ? I am going to work with them in February for the fist time and would be useful to read through the replys

Cheers

Ian
.smithski,
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
downside, the replies were sent to me in confidence so I'm not at liberty to forward them on, but those who sent me the PM's may wish to contact you direct ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
smithski,

Yeah no worries - was not sure how to pm so did not realise it would be posted.Would appreciate anyone sending through info.

Cheers
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
downside, did you do it?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone seen this thread "Skiing - Europe Children's ski holiday left in ruins"?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just returned from Italy, spoke to 4 instructors who have worked for Skiing Europe this season, various tales of woe and sone of them are still owed money, considerable in some instances. The feeling was very anti.

No personal experience of them myself.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've worked for Skiing Europe on & off for over a decade. My original post stands.

They are having some issues at the moment, but bear in mind that what you see on forums like this is very much just one side of the arguement.
Much of it is subject to court proceedings, so SE staff cannot defend the company publicly.

I only had a problem getting paid once, and it came through eventualy without a huge ammount of hassle.
It does seem to be normal with SE to not get paid till a couple of months after the end of the season. Cash flow ?

If you are a confidant instructor, and prefer running your own ship on the mountain, then they are great, if dis-organised, to work for.
If you prefer a more rigid, xx hours of instruction, dump them at lunch, support on the hill etc. style, then they are not for you.
There is no right or wrong, these are just 2 different styles.

Personaly I liked being able to take a group of kids for the week and doing my own thing with them.
Collect them in the morning, make the bus in the afternoon, other than that it was up to me.
I look after them at lunch, deal with incidents on my own, but have the flexibility to really ski the whole resort, especialy with a better group.
They are on holiday, safety enjoyment learning ! In that order ! Take them skiing.

Decide what sort of instruction style you prefer. No right or wrong. But if you are like me, then SE can be good, I could never handle Interski.
It really is a matter of confidence & teaching style, which may be affected by experience.

... if you do a few weeks for them, and it goes well, they can get flexible on terms & conditions ... I didn't tell you that !!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy