Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

quick credit card and minimum spend for cover question if anyone can help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi and sorry for the worst entitled post ever ....

I was going to pay for some of our holiday using a card (for protection) but also want to avoid cc surcharge fees so was going to do the minimum. Does anyone know what this is, or does it vary depending on the card?

thanks

tor
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tor, quite probably the longest title, yes, not sure about worst.

I would have thought sadly that the answer lies in the card issuer's terms and conditions (the small print they send you every so often saying they have changed them "for your convenience", which you then throw away without reading).

But surely if you only pay for, say, £100 of your holiday on the card, then any protection will only extend to that £100 and not the full cost?

Nice idea but i am sure if it was that simple everyone would be doing it. As with all these things i am half expecting to be proved wrong by other, more erudite snowheads Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sanman, Thanks - fab answer and one that made me smile Smile. I have no idea where the "small print" may be ... but just found this

By using your credit card to pay for the holiday (provided it's more than £100) you get the benefit of cover by the credit card company. They become equally liable for providing a refund if the holiday is not supplied, turns out to be unsatisfactory or if the holiday company goes bust. The down side of this is the surcharge that is often applied by the travel agent or tour company – a typical charge of around 1% or £15 – think of it as an insurance premium. Tip: ensure you pay for the holiday on a credit card belonging to one of the participants of the holiday; otherwise you could miss out in the event of a claim.

http://www.travel-quest.co.uk/editorial/money/money1.htm

I thought it was either £50 or £100 so here's hoping they've got it right ...

tor
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tor, yes interesting, but I think they mean, the card issuer's liability only applies if the holiday is more than £100. I can't believe it means you can pay £100 towards a £3k holiday on your card and they then refund you the whole amount if the TO goes bust.

Wait til lunchtime you should have some more answers Very Happy Come on there must be someone else on here with a view!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They will only cover the part that is paid for on the credit card. You (almost, anyway) never get something for nothing in this life.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
James the Last, thanks Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure James the Last, is right - I have a feeling, unfair as it may be to the CC issuer that part payment for goods, or a service, with a CC makes them liable for delivery.

Really, though, you should go to a financial website (like Money Saving Expert) since this will almost certainly have been covered on there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/consumer-credit-act-1974/ Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well there you have it. Amazing ... but true. Thanks .Ro, I knew I would be proved wrong it always happens!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
.Ro, perfect and just what I wanted to hear Smile Thanks for taking the time to post the link.

I think we should spread the word on here (but maybe most people know) as it's a valuable piece of info.

tor
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yellow Pyranha, your feeling was spot on Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Embarassed
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
James the Last, don't be .... what you presumed sounded the most likely scenario - to know it isn't is just a bonus!

tor
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy