Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 Questions. 1. Ski Hire grade of skis. 2. Errr Helmet.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two wee questions.

1. Mrs is coming skiing. she can't ski... a never ever. She can cross country, great athlete blah blah, but
never stood on downhill skis before. Will bargain basement rental skis be OK for her, or should we shell out a wee bit more?
Kiddies are getting ultra cheapo option.

2. Gonna give into peer pressure and buy a helmet. Any advise? Around the £100 mark.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatirishman, 1. Cheapo rent
2. Cheapo helmet £100 is way to much for a first timer. eg. Lidl have helmets to latest specs (Giro's? relabelled) for £15.00
Second holiday she will want a different colour one!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 13-01-11 10:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Cheers buddy - the helmet is going to be for me though!

I errr gave in to her needs for "nice" ski kit. I will be doing less apres this year as a result. Holy cow....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatirishman, ah, well £100 seems about right then Very Happy Try lots on, we found more choice in shops here rather than in resort and here we found more choice in independent shops rather than S+R.
www.snowtraxstore.co.uk reckon they have the largest choice in the UK, should you find yourself down sarf.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 13-01-11 11:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's down to individual fit, obviously, but I've got a Red Trace II which can usually be found for around £50. It's a rugged piece of kit, very comfortable, kept me warm and dry last season. Has good ear protection but doesn't muffle sound unduly.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So buying online sounds like a bit of a no no. OK.... will I pay much over the odds in resort?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Depends when and where you are going, I am in Bardonecchia italy at the moment and this seasons stuff is already being discounted. if your resort has a big intersport or something similar you should be able to get a bargin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
fatirishman, ah, well £100 seems about right then Very Happy Try lots on, we found more choice in shops here rather than in resort and here we found more choice in independent shops rather than S+R.
www.snowtrax.co.uk reckon they have the largest choice in the UK, should you find yourself down sarf.

That link seems to take you to a sports forum, \i'm not too sure if it's got any connection to the shop.
I think the link is www.snowtraxstore.co.uk
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
betterinblack, doh! Thanks I have edited the link now Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy