Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BCA Tracker 2 Owners Must Read !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sourced from elsewhere “I just wanted to flag up the recent recall on bca tracker 2 transceivers.The device seems to go into a mode designed to allow it to recieve updates via an optical input when effected by static.In this mode it does not transmit! The short term solution seems to be a firmware update for which the unit will need to be returned to the manufacturer.This dos not solve the susceptibility to static!

There would also appear to be issues with units rebooting even when switched off,excess battery use and also an issue of possibe failure of the tracker and the barryvox pulse to communicate with each other.”

http://backcountryaccess.com/blog/?p=2718

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 13-01-11 14:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thx for the heads up
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Topsmoke, so where do we send them for an upgrade if we're in the UK?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have been in contact with Anatom the UK importer for BCA over this issue.

The T2 is currently not be recalled as such but you definitely would want to upgrade to version 4 software. I work at Facewest and we have requested the updater needed to change the T2 to version 4. If you bought your T2 from Facewest then we will email you as soon as we have the updater and ask you to return your transceiver for updating and post the request on the blog and twitter. If you bought your transceiver elsewhere then we will still update your transceiver but won't be able to contact you directly.

We have a post on our blog on this subject http://www.facewest.co.uk/facewestblog/2011/01/13/new-bca-tracker-2-software/

If you buy a transceiver from facewest we will always update the software free for the life of your transceiver. As well as the BCA updater coming we already have updaters from Ortovox (for the S1), Mammut (for the pulse) and Pieps (for the DSP). We don't just sell things in boxes!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Topsmoke, Thanks very much - can you edit the title of the thread so that people can see it's a must read for T2 owners?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just wanted to keep you updated.

Anatom, the BCA UK importer now have the upgrade equipment. Version 4 Tracker 2 will be available as new units within the next week or so.

The process for updating an existing T2 is being finalised but it will be sorted with a couple of weeks and then all current T2 owners can have their transceivers updated.

Thanks for bearing with us, we along with BCA and Anatom are working hard to get this sorted and will let you know as soon as the upgared is available.

Stu

Facewest
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well done guys, will be waiting for my email Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More news.

We are now receiving new Tracker 2 units with the new 04 software so the issue is now resolved for people waiting to buy a new one. Just check with your retailer that you are receiving 04 not 03 software. The version number is displayed during start up.

The upgrade process for existing owners is still be finalised. It's the logistics rather than the actual update which is still being agreed. We are still on the case and will contact Facewest customers and post here as soon as we have the right info.

Thanks

Stu
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
StuFacewest, I've an original tracker. Do you know if there has been any software updates for those ? Or is it a fixed system ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David@mediacopy.

The original tracker is a fixed system and is not affected by this issue as far as I am aware. I have met with the guys from BCA in Munich and no mention was made of the T1.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The update procedure for Tracker 2 owners is now finalised. Please read our blog post on the subject.

http://www.facewest.co.uk/facewestblog/2011/02/21/bca-tracker-2-safety-update/

Thanks

Stu
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy