Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spirit Ski School 1950 Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi ...

we are hoping to go to Les Arcs 2000 for half term ... Left things late !

Don't really want to put the children into ESF for lessons as heard mixed reviews ... does anyone have any experiance of using Spirit 1950 ??

Also has anyone used the associated kids club cariboo ? thinking of using them for the childrens lunch if available .. any comments appreciated.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spirit 1950 have a good reputation and I think you stand a better chance of ending up with a good instructor in a small ski school like them than in a large ski school like ESF 2000.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar wrote:
Spirit 1950 have a good reputation and I think you stand a better chance of ending up with a good instructor in a small ski school like them than in a large ski school like ESF 2000.

Hey Rob - You seem to be the authority on this - We are going out to Arc 1800 the week after half term from 26 Feb and staying in Alliet apartments in Arc 1800. It will be my little ones first trip to the mountains and I want to get him off to a good start. My partner doesn't ski so will do much of the to-ing and fro-ing to ski school. Where to go? ESF seem to be rated badly.....New Gen sound fab but only seem to take little ones from 6 years (from what I gather from website) and how to get to Vallandry for 9.00 starts? Any recent info/reviews of recent visits/recommendations very gratefully received. I'm not sure we could stretch to private lessons and have prepared him for the "Ski School" idea. I snowboard so would be tricky all round for me to try and teach him to ski - best left to the professionals.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pipstar, welcome to snowheads

if you want an alternative to ESF in 1800 then try arc adventure, although tbh for kids that are complete beginners I'm not sure there's going to be much difference between ESF and AN Other...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for that Bertie. Maybe I should just choose the one with the best snow park? Would that be ESF?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pipstar wrote:
Thanks for that Bertie. Maybe I should just choose the one with the best snow park? Would that be ESF?

I assume by snow park you mean kids learner area rather than the more conventional snow related use of park (some-where with rails, kickers) etc, then I doubt if ESF have any more 'right' to use a certain bit of the mountain than anyone else.

I'd focus more on who can give you're kid lessons that week in english at his/her age. It's still going to be silly busy as it's a peak french week so you might be out of luck if you haven't booked anything yet...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry, only just saw this thread.

pipstar, If you have arrived and still need someone to teach your kids send me a PM and I can give you a few names of private qualified instructors that speak English. Best if you can get them into either the ESF group or Arc Adventure group as both are ok in Arc 1800. Forget going to other places, not really possible unless the person wanting lessons is a good skier/boarder already.

dtol, Hope you got sorted for this week, if not send me a PM. ESF in Arc 2000 are good. Spirit down in Arc 1950 are ok as well, but more hassle to get to for beginners. Both schools have English speaking instructors.

Hope this is not to late to be of help. have a good holiday.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dtol, if you are on-line and in resort, or going next week this may be of use...

Spirit1950 has been teaching my daughter for the past 6 years, for 2 or 3 weeks a year.
I hate them.
Age 9 she is now faster than me on the steeps (other than where pure weight still aids me) more confident in poor visibility, more agile in the trees, more stable on the skier-x and while I still have the edge in the moguls, it is only a matter of time.
Don't put the kids in there if you want to retain your status as "best skier in the family". wink

Your only saving grace is that for the main holidays they have to run three lesson sessions per day just to cope with the numbers, so may be booked up.
Snow's finally looking good. save some for us - out in 2 weeks.

(snowcrazy, we arrive on the Saturday morning Euro* : if I can persuade PnV to let me into my locker early, we'll be looking to head out as soon as possible - what you up to on the 5th? )
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dtol, Hi just wondering did you use Spirit 1950 for ski school. I am thinking of using them but one of my children is going to have to go into a separate class from the rest...he is only 3. It's putting me of booking the holiday as I'm not sure how he would cope with that. Any hints or tips appreciated!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jo28 - my twin boys learnt to ski with Mario at Spirit 1950 when they were 3
Great tuition - learnt very quickly - now 9 & will go anywhere in Flaine with me
Only issue is the tramp up the hill to the nursery slope every morning (and back down again)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jo298, as above my daughter started with Spirit aged 3, and was looked after very well. Yes, there are always those who have the tears and clingy things to be got over, but once they get up to the slope (about 5 mins walk outside the village) life is fine. There is also a new "carpet lift" right in the middle of the village (which, due to lack of snow last year wasn't usable at all, but with crossed fingers and a decent snowfall! should be operational this year) this year which will provide a good base for the younger ones to learn.

But if you do have concerns about your little one in ski school, there is also the Cariboo Club in 1950, which effectively is childcare, but does take the kids out and about for snow activities as well as general inside nursery type stuff, so that they get to enjoy what we big'uns all rave about.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy