Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Skis - Advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to purchase my first pair of skis. I haven't done a great deal of skiiing, just 8 days each for the last two years in Flaine. I can ski greens and blues but really struggle with most reds. I am able do non-skidded parrallells but not all the time. I'm not particulaly confident and I'm looking for some skis that I can control easily and that I can build my confidence in, but not that i'm going to gow out of in the next couple of years. Looking to try and get two weeks of skiing in every year..

I am 5'6" tall and weigh 52kg. Would really appreciate it if someone could give me advice on what skis would be good for me and also the length?

Have been into ski shops and had a look at a few; the K2 T Nine True Luv and Volkl Aire have been suggested and from looking at reviews the True Luv looks a good bet, but then the K2 One Luv looks great , with good reviews but i'm worried it may be too advanced for me and I on't be able to control it.

Any advice wouyld be very much appreciated as I'm kinda lost!

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Honest advice? Buy well fitting boots first. Search the Snowheads threads on boots, you'll also find suggestions of shops that know how to fit boots.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply - Just bought boots (sorry - should have said that on previous post) , Atomic Medusa 80s, with fitted insoles - have very thin feet, so they were the only ones that provided a decent fit.

So now I'd like skis to save hassle of going to ski hire shop as we are staying a bit out of resort and I want to be able to just get there and get skiing, plus i'd really like my own skis, something that will help me develop while building my confidence.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would recommend trying some out if you can, I know they do that at snow and rock in Hemel Hempstead.

I have the Tru luvs and I really like them, (I also co-incidentally have just bought the Medusa 80 boots), but I had been skiing a while before I got them, and I wouldn't say they are the most forgiving skis I've ever used (not really bad by any means though!), but I think it really depends on the individual. I'm 5'5'' and have the 153cm.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the advice, purchased a pair of K2 True Luvs last night (156s), I'd read up on/watched a few reviews and liked what i'd heard/saw - your reply made my mind up.

I know it would have been much better to have tested a few but just don't have the time before I went, so whilst it may be a bit of a gamble, I'm hoping it will pay off!

Can't wait to try them out next week in Solden - Just a bit more snow would be great!

Thanks again. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy