Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying an ABS Backpack... Any advice on where sells them

Poster: A snowHead
Ok - think that i'm going to take the plunge... However, after a bit of googling I can only seem to find two shops that sell them in the UK; snowshepherds and snowsafe.

As I like to normally do a bit of shopping around before parting with my cash - anyone got any other recommendations on where to get from.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichardJHJ, snowshepherds is AKA livetoski wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
*Pretty* sure Lockwoods have them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RichardJHJ, search as much as you like I doubt you will find any variance on a new pack. IMO for the small difference in money go with your most local stockist.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999, they do the snowpulse rather than ABS - bought one there last week.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow & Rock have both Snowpulse and ABS in their Covent Garden, London shop but I couldn't see them on their website.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think showshepherd do a discount for snowheads and/or registered users of their site. as parlor says you are unlikely to get a deal on a new bag so shopping around isn't likely to do much for you, although you do sometimes see second-hand bargains on ebay.de

i got my bag from snowshepherd and was very pleased with the service; livetoski is very helpful if you want to phone him and talk through the options
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had a good chat with Tim at Snowshepherd, really good advice and am glad I did as he steered me in a different direction to where I thought I wanted to be. Ended up going for a snowpulse bag, which isn't what I thought I wanted.... Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just bought an ABS Bag in Jean Sports in Val , they own importation rights for France and spent over an hour fitting and teaching how to use the bag , this included letting it off in the shop .I checked prices all round and everyone seems to stick to the RRP . Luckly I have a home in France so have left it there as I think it would be difficult to take on airlines , the Gas canistor and Handle( almost like a Gun ) would I suspect be on most airlines banned list .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rob Mackley,
Quote:

I think it would be difficult to take on airlines , the Gas canistor and Handle( almost like a Gun ) would I suspect be on most airlines banned list .

Not at all more info here

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=72233
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for info and link .
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RichardJHJ wrote:
Had a good chat with Tim at Snowshepherd, really good advice and am glad I did as he steered me in a different direction to where I thought I wanted to be. Ended up going for a snowpulse bag, which isn't what I thought I wanted.... Happy

Very interesting. I am looking to buy an airbag and had concluded that I was going to go for ABS, any information that you could share from your conversation that I should be considering?

Bob
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rob Mackley wrote:
Just bought an ABS Bag in Jean Sports in Val , they own importation rights for France and spent over an hour fitting and teaching how to use the bag , this included letting it off in the shop .I checked prices all round and everyone seems to stick to the RRP . Luckly I have a home in France so have left it there as I think it would be difficult to take on airlines , the Gas canistor and Handle( almost like a Gun ) would I suspect be on most airlines banned list .

Every shop that sells the ABS packs or variants should give you a full demo and teach you how to repack the airbags after activation. I have an old sack and have heard there is a new system so that if 1 person in a group activates their pack, they all activate. This is very interesting as there are still lots of people not managing to activate their bags before getting taken and then you've got no chance!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ardoyne, give Tim a call - thought I'd wanted an ABS for the explosive trigger and the ability to take it on planes... My fears about the non explosive trigger was put to rest and you can still take the snow pulse ones on planes!! The fact that it protects your head in an avalanche looks good and you also get a Hague on the canister so you know hoe full it is...

Also - Snowpulse seems to be the choice of the Austrian pisteurs (I think!)

Finally, it worked out cheaper too Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stone88 wrote:
Every shop that sells the ABS packs or variants should give you a full demo and teach you how to repack the airbags after activation. I have an old sack and have heard there is a new system so that if 1 person in a group activates their pack, they all activate. This is very interesting as there are still lots of people not managing to activate their bags before getting taken and then you've got no chance!

True to the demo / lesson.

You are referring to a new 'remote trigger' system that would allow other members of the group to activate the device. I don't believe they all simultaneously activate, although I like that idea for apres ski in a bar full of Swedes...
latest report
parlor wrote:
You are referring to a new 'remote trigger' system that would allow other members of the group to activate the device. I don't believe they all simultaneously activate
I think that is one of the options that's available - if one is triggered all in the group (or close enough to receive the signal?) will trigger.

parlor wrote:
I like that idea for apres ski in a bar full of Swedes...
Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
RichardJHJ,

Thanks I will give him a call.

Bob
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy