Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

double ski bags

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend one under £40 - robust, comfortable strap etc?
Longer skis 165cm.

Thanks Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Trespass - shoudl be a few online - i think i paid £20 for mine a couple of years back
You need to pack it out with bubblewrap around skis/bdingins, or just fill up with fleeces etc
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
simonx, I bought one of these padded doubles http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Big_Air_Double_Ski_Bag.html for £29.99. I only carry one set of skis, but wanted a double as I was going BA and only wanted to take one bag for everything.

I'm not expert on these things, but it seems fine to me and am happy with it.

The padded wheeled one comes in at £59.99
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks that looks good, also saw a couple on Amazon around the same price:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003C28YBA/ref=asc_df_B003C28YBA1739104?smid=A2PLJXCT5KV54G&tag=amz07b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22242&creativeASIN=B003C28YBA

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Head-Double-Ski-Bag-Dark/dp/B003U44YKA/ref=sr_1_2?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1294772155&sr=1-2&tag=amz07b-21

Flying BA too, took two ski bags last year!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wouldn't go near Trespass bag again, mine ripped along a seam (thank goodness for duct tape!) just carrying it between car and pre flight hotel last year while only loaded with two pairs of kids skis and a few kids ski clothes.
I've now got one of these http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Big_Air_Cargo_Ski_Bag.html seems a great bag and easier to lug round the airport!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not under £40 but I use a Dakine Fall-line padded double - has easily enough room for both my pairs of skis, jacket, pants, midlayers, socks and a few other items..

http://www.freezeproshop.com/dakine-fall-line-double-ski-bag-190cm-black.ir?cName=brand-dakine-dakine-luggage
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
simonx, I use a K2 padded bag its £49.00 only a bit over its survived 5 trips so far.
http://www.theski-shop.co.uk/catalog/product.php?CI_ID=689&Item='K2%20Global%20Super%20Padded%20Ski%20Bag'
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simonx, check the review of the Head double one from Amazon lower down the page where the guy said that he couldn't get two pairs of skis in it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davkt, What would be the chances of getting two pairs of boots and two pairs of skis into it?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've got a Volkl double wheeled bag. It didn't cost much more than £40 and has been pretty good. It wouldn't take boots as well though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
my trespass ski bag ripped along the handle seem as well. heap of poo.

you can get a decent double Ellis Brigham bag for £45 or they sell the Salomon one which is 10cm longer at 195cm for the same price. If your skis are short enough, then you'd be more likely to get boots in as well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shoogly, Considering mine are 173 (allegedly) and hers are 154 plus two pairs of boots is probably pushing it, don't you think?

In an ideal world it would be great to get all that and two helmets into one bag.....but it'd take some bag.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ray Zorro, Two sets of skis and two pair of boots doable in that bag???
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My Trespass bag is fine.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dazman, Hmmm, I would think that there's a possibility. Rather than have the skis back to back as usual, if they were put in separately side by side with the boots on top and then the second set of skis side by side on top of the boots, it might then be doable, better if the bindings don't clash Confused Depends on the size of the boots too I'd guess.
latest report
I got a Scott Double Ski Bag for £35 from the discount site www.sports-outlet.co.uk - did the job well, but they have also got those huge wheeled bags, which in retrospect I wish I'd got as you can get everything in them and they're much easier to move around (especially when you have got kids in tow as well!). Learnt the hard way as usual!
snow report
I've got the EB team edition double, bit more then most, but very robust can take 2 sets of fattish skis plus 2 pairs of boots, plus has wheels which are great for dragging around airports.

If you have a gooutdoors near you they often have the Dakine double roller for mucho cheap.
snow conditions
I've got a wheeled double ski bag, although large enough for three pairs of skis and poles, that is surplus to requirements. Two zipped internal sections and some external pockets, holds loads of stuff and will probably be sufficient for a week's worth of ski gear plus skis (if you carry ski boots in your hand luggage), avoiding the need to pay extra for an additional bag for ski carriage. It's extremely sturdy with decent wheels and holds skis up to 180cm. Black, branded with "Ski Bartlett". If there's any interest I'll work out a sensible secondhand price.
snow conditions
dazman wrote:
davkt, What would be the chances of getting two pairs of boots and two pairs of skis into it?

Has boot pockets at both ends, for our next trip I've tried it out with my skis, 2 sets of kids skis the kids boots and some clothes for padding and got it in under 23kg. Plenty of room for more gear as well if you have a more generous max weight.
I'ts a big bag inside so would think I could get 2 sets of adult skis and boots in without much problem.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 13-01-11 20:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Brookside wrote:

(especially when you have got kids in tow as well!).

Exactly why I've gone with big wheeled job!
ski holidays
Devon Ski Centre do an own brand double ski bag at £28.95 that is really tough and substantial. They are online.
latest report
rob@rar, could be interested, so long as you're back in the UK in the next fortnight. PM me with a ballpark figure for how much Smile
snow report
Sideshow_Bob, I'm in the UK at the moment (will update my forum profile now). I can't remember how much the bag was and the closest to it that I can find is this one at S&R. I think £35 is a good price if you can collect it from Hampton?
snow report
rob@rar, assuming Sideshow_Bob, was enquiring about that bag for carrying my skis to Chamonix (i may be wrong, he may be thinking of buying more skis in the next two weeks and taking 4 pairs), that would sound like not too bad a price. Will have a think this afternoon and a look around at prices and get back to you. Hampton is easy from Richmond I think, assuming my London geography isn't too bad (again, always a possibility)
snow report
Batman_123, OK, just let me know. Hampton is easy from Richmond. I've got 3 pairs of skis into the bag quite easily, and if you take bindings off one or two pairs you'd probably get four pairs in there with a bit of a squeeze.
snow report
rob@rar, I only have two pairs of skis at present, so all good, just the bag that came with recent ski purchase (and only ski bag) managed to perforate with holes on the last trip it was taken on, plus is not padded at all, so I worried somewhat about whether I'd get my skis back from the journey in one (two) piece (s).

Not sure we could put 4 pairs in one bag on Easyjet, although I'm sure that's the topic of another thread wink
snow conditions
Ray Zorro wrote:
simonx, I bought one of these padded doubles http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Big_Air_Double_Ski_Bag.html for £29.99. I only carry one set of skis, but wanted a double as I was going BA and only wanted to take one bag for everything.

I'm not expert on these things, but it seems fine to me and am happy with it.

The padded wheeled one comes in at £59.99

+1. Carries skis (182), boots, and all my gear for the week.
I decided against the wheeled version as I was concerned that the extra wieght would take me over the limit.
snow report
Batman_123 wrote:
rob@rar, I only have two pairs of skis at present, so all good, just the bag that came with recent ski purchase (and only ski bag) managed to perforate with holes on the last trip it was taken on, plus is not padded at all, so I worried somewhat about whether I'd get my skis back from the journey in one (two) piece (s).

Not sure we could put 4 pairs in one bag on Easyjet, although I'm sure that's the topic of another thread wink

Reminds me of the old joke, "How do you get two whales in a Mini?"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy