Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A week in claviere with crystal ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A quick trip review from our week in Claviere italy

three of us went to claviere for new year week ( 2nd jan) - me, the wife and our 6 year old
we went with Crystal Ski

the flight was uneventful, arrived at turin airport to mass chaos, baggage took 2 hours to pop out so plenty of time
to look at the arrivals lounge , and practise herding.

getting to the coach, invloved a long walk, and was a difficult as there was not much direction untill you arrived at the
end of the coach park, where every crystal rep had decided to hide ( note to crystal - put someone half way and you will not lose
passengers in the WRONG coach park.

on arrival the the Hotel ( grand claviere ) - pleasantly supprised as the accomodation was ok standard, clean, and the rooms large
( probably enough for 6 peeeps.

hotel housekeeping staff were the busiest friendliest staff i have come accross, in fact the whole lot of them were overdosed on
beaing plesant, helpfull, and busy - all credit to them and i hope that someone from crystal passes it on ( i know they read these).
this was also very true of the childcare team, who were brilliant

(note to crystal - you really need to provide them with better quality ski carrying bags - or some kind of sledge to carry 12 sets of skis & poles)

claviere itself small ( as expected) and the walk into france ( its right on the border ) with montegenvre was only 15 minutes and there is planty to do there.

cannot comment on ski hire etc as we have our own, other than to say it looked well used

Planty of good skiing on the pistes was to be had, main blue back down ( 91) got a bit overused, and deep, and in view of the fact that it
is constantly used by the under 7 year old in groups it was too full of fast moving skiers, and also needed to be more regularly bashed to
keep the snow manageable for the kids

the reds ( 93,95,97,98,99) were all good and even when lots of people around, plenty of room to ski on them.
the blacks were also good skiable pistse providing plenty of challenge ( i should add here that i am a good intermediate skier)
most pistses were open, the only closure seemed to be on the run down to get to sestriere.
french side of the resort ( one chair, and a red or black away ) - also had excellent skiing.

so overall an excellent holiday , with good staff from crystal, and excellent bunch of guests, and fantastic skiing - can recommend this to people looking for a place with lots to ski, who dont want tons of apres ski, and have kids

sorry for the long post
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
know what you mean about the blue return. it's pretty narrow and gets formed into bumps very regularly which can be a bit much for beginner skiers trying to return to resort. It's a bit of a bottleneck but the only negative about the whole area as far as i'm concerned.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi we fly out in 3 weeks and was woundering what the prices are like for say a beer, wine, spirit and a soft drink in hotel and how much is food up mountain say a sandwich or chips cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going to Montgenevre in a couple of weeks, so I appreciate things can change, but were there any other runs into Sestriere. As we're planning to try and get to all the resorts on the Milky Way.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
russco, cheaper and better quality food on the Italian side of the border. Around 10 euro for a plate of food in Montgenevre, maybe 7 Euro for a proper plate of food in Claviere. Beer varies but sits around 3.5 - 4 euro and maybe 5 euro in the more expensive places. The problem with Montgenevre is that there's only one mountain restaurant up near the main bowl. In Claviere, there's places dotted around most pistes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shoogly
there is a 2nd up Chalvet lift, but ist so easy to ski back to the centre for lunch and dismount for 30 mins.
The prices up in the Gontrans bowl cafe are not too bad, and its good service Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shoogly, cheers for that we are staying in the grande claviere so if they are the prices in there i will be more than happy cos in flaine last year it was nearly 15 euro for 2 pints in most places!! just hoping for a little more snow and it should be perfect!! could you tell me is it possible tpo ski back to the grande claviere hotel or is it a walking job

cheers russco
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
depending on snow conditions, you can get pretty close with the black that comes in to the top end of the village. short walk from there to the hotel. in poor snow, that black will probably be closed, so you'll need to ski back down one of the runs on the other side of the road and down a bit. a bit of a longer walk.

cockerhoop, know the place you mean - not been there. when i said it was the only restaurant, i meant on that side of the resort (up near the main gondrans bowl).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snoogly aye ok
last year one bar behind the Montgenevre centre served a full English snack menu including breakfast too and was quite cheap
me and daughter would end our day with a bowl of cheesy chips pint of Kronobuurg and a lemonade
about 9 euros i think
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gazza2, Nice to hear you had a good holiday at the Grande Claviere. Me and the family are heading there in 2 weeks time and after reading some dodgy trip advisor reviews it's good to hear you have had a good experience with the Crystal mob. Certainly puts my mind at ease. How was the food in the Hotel? hopefully good and lots of it.
The last chalet/ hotel holiday i went to with Ski total in Courchevel 1650 , the food left a lot to be desired. Mostly ended up eating out each night after our meal.to many guests and not enough food although they certainly didn't skimp on the vino.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy