Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any advice on where to go on a 5 day ski break?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hubby and I have just been given the green light to go skiing for 5 nights (whilst the grandparents have offered to look after our young children!)

We have been to Val Thorens a couple of times which we love and know well but the logistics of getting there and back are time consuming and costly given that we only have 5 nights off. The idea is obviously to get in as much ski time as possible.

We can be flexible with dates but must be within first two weeks of Feb 11.

Could anybody recommend or advise on a decent resort/accommodation that would be quicker and easier to get to than Val Tho, would have good slopes for beginners and advanced skiers, plus good standard of accommodation?

A lot to ask I know but there may be somebody out there that has just come back from a short break that could help us?

Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads.
There are many, but depending upon your best airport, book flights to Geneva early am. Ensuring a late night return. (I can do this from Liverpool with 4 flights per day in season, but you get the drift). You then have a very wide choice of both countires and resorts. Italy - Courmayeur, La Thulie, Pila, Switzerland - Verbier even Zermatt, and France - Grand massif, Chamonix, Megeve, Les Contamines, Avoriaz, Morzine etc. Just check current snow, and likely snow, height, and lets face it you cannot easily go too far wrong. Naming names, Samoens - Neige et roc hotel, La Thuile - Chalet Eden hotel, Avoriaz - Les Dromonts Hotel.
Sure you will have plenty more soon. Recommend a copy of 'Where to ski and snowboard' (no connection, just a great start point for choosing a resort.
Have a great time. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CHek out http://www.mountainsunltd.com/, they do short breaks and come highly recommended
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nbt, +1 mountainsun
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
swinks, welcome to snowHead There are loads of excellent resorts within 90 minutes of Salzburg accessed by train, cheapish transfer bus or car hire. I can thoroughly recommend ski in/out hotel Schneider in Obertauern.

The world is your lobster, it all rather depends on which airports are good for you. Very Happy

nbt. pam w - I thought mountainsun's short breaks were 3 days rather than 5 Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, they do any number of days I think
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
swinks,

As stated above, decide on your flights and then the ski world will be your oyster!

Go for (for example) Salzburg, Geneva, Milan, Munich, Zurich, Turin, Lyon, Grenoble, Chambery, Venice, Treviso or Innsbruck and then take you pick from umpteen ski resorts within driving distance in a hire car.

An early flight out on day 1 and a late flight back on day 6 will give you at least five and a half day's skiing!

p.s. We've done a 1 nighter to Val Thorens a couple of times (via Geneva airport) and have managed a day and a half's skiing there on each occasion, so a 5 night trip to the 3 Valleys would be more than feasible. However, there are lots of nearer alternatives.

If you fly into Geneva you could be on the ski lift at Le Crozet (in the Jura) just over an hour after you touch down on arrival day! It's only a 20 minute drive from the airport so, alternatively, you could ski there on your last morning/day before departure. wink

If you fly to Salzburg more or less the whole of the Ski Amade area is reachable within an hour - with Flachau (excellent ski area) only about 45 minutes away.

The following website will give you some ideas of ski resorts within striking distance of airports:-

http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/

Remember to let us know what you decide on.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro, the "Boot camp" trips in autumn are three days, in regular season you can stay any length you wish
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

decide on your flights and then the ski world will be your oyster!

Hmm. Depending on the timing, finding 5 day accommodation is not always straightforward. Unless there's a lot more snow and colder temperatures I wouldn't bother with the Jura (sadly....)

Indeed, unless conditions improve (which they probably will) you will need to head really high. Tignes, Mountainsun. wink Transfers included - they can cost more than the flights otherwise.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy