Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ugh..embarrassing falls

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Talking to one of the other instructors; turn round; catch edge of ski; fall over.... Opps.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Posted this one before.... but it might help Sofia deal with the embarrassment.

I don't fall much, but when I do it is usually worth the effort. Ideally there will be a ski lift stopped overhead and at least three people with video cameras. Managed a perfect one a couple of years back at the end of ski school slalom race. Lift had stopped over the run and most of the mountain video guys were covering the entire run. Unexpectedly clipped a gate with my pole about halfway down. This pulled the pole out of my grip, but was still attached by the strap. Next gate was OK as the pole was on the outside, but as I tipped in for the next gate the pole went between my legs and under the outside ski. After that I was a complete passenger. Flailed wildly towards the next gate, arrived at it with the pole and my left elbow between my knees, one ski on either side of the gate, face perfectly lined up for a thump. I decided the face first into the gate might hurt so I tried to get my body to go in a different direction to my skis. This worked up to the point that my face missed the gate, but my ski didn't. Lost that ski and did a 180, still upright. I tried skiing switch on one ski, but I didn't really like it, so I waited for it to dig in and tried a backflip instead. Got a round of applause from the punters on the lift as I gathered up the trail of ski gear, and then when we got to the pub that night found that I had won crash of the week after the video guys had put it on the big screen in a slow mo, frame by frame loop.

(OK - to be totally honest, without the video, I wouldn't have known what was happening after the pole stuck under my ski - I remember thinking Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!!!!! and seeing various repeating views of mountains, valleys, sky and snow)

I can't wait to try it again
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you have to still have it on video! if you do, get it up!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Following the OP's confessional tone I have to confess to a mate (who we told had a clear landing) that there might have been an issue with a small tree in the landing zone. We did tell him to keep to his left! The fall was spectacular and he lived. So no harm done.

It's at about 2.28.

http://youtube.com/v/qr6i_5Onj7k
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
End of a big powder day, tired legs.
Have a look at Johns Big fall
forfeits were paid
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MattMattMatt wrote:
you have to still have it on video! if you do, get it up!

I have, but thankfully OH can't work how to get it on the internet Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thornyhill, Your excuse is not accepted... sort it! Toofy Grin

Mountain Haddock, Good one Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This has come quite a long way from me not being able to turn in a tight lift queue Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Thornyhill, Your excuse is not accepted... sort it! Toofy Grin

Mountain Haddock, Good one Laughing

She sent it to YBF. If they use it I get a free weeks ski pass somewhere, but they won't use it if it is already on the web.

p.s. - You know the thing about the 250 quid.....It can take up to 3 years Shocked before they decide if they want it

p.p.s - I know you won't like this excuse either, so if you want to bung me the 250, you can have your own exclusive copy Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh come'on! Leave it up for a week and then remove it and you can truthfully say it isn't on the web.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy