Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belle Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, looking at booking a week at Les Constellations at Belle Plagne. Not been there before and been told as it's north facing gets very cold and icey - this doesn't particularly bother me as I'm gonna be wrapped up anyway. Going with 4 adults and 2 kids, is there enough locally to ski or get a pass for further afield.

Thanks a lot Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey there, not stayed at that accommodation but been to La Plagne a couple of times. I didn't notice that area being particularly cold or icy but as it's well above the tree line it's fairly exposed.... Obviously the plus side is a good ski in ski out location.

If you like to do a few miles get the Discovery Lift Pass allowing a day in Les Arcs as well (Belle Plagne is also close to the Les Arc side so you won't waste much time getting to the Vanoise Express to cross the valley). La Plagne has over 200km of piste though so there is plenty of fun to be had.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks orangekss, might just opt for a local pass and upgrade for a day or two Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowfig, if you're on any kind of budget then suggest you get the local pass - La Plagne is easily big enough to keep most people occupied for a week. If you haven't been to the area before then a day in Les Arcs can be nice, but you probably won't see the best of the area on a day trip.

Back to topic, as orangekss says, Belle Plagne can be a bit exposed but it's not that much colder than the rest of the area (think it's around 2050m, 200m or so above most of the rest of the resort. It's very convenient for ski in/out though - the piste runs right through the 'village'. Enjoy!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed in the Balcons complex at the top of Belle Plagne last year. We thought it was a great location.
It was literally ski in/ski out i.e. I managed to ski close enough to get the tips of my skis in the door of the locker room one day.

We took the Discovery Pass which gives you 1 day over in Les Arcs and the other 5 days in La Plagne. We are an upper intermediate group and like to get tramping, covering the miles and this was enough to keep us occupied all week.

We were there in January and admittedly the weather was fantastic and sunny, but I wouldn't have said I noticed it being especially cold and there are plenty of opportunities to ski down into the trees at various parts round La Plagne if needs be.

I'd be happy to go back.

Enjoy!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy