Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Packing help!

Poster: A snowHead
gravystuffing, better to have two skiing pairs than a skiing and non-skiing pair, you can use ski gloves off the slopes, but not vice versa.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle, Yeh but, no but. That's where the wrist straps kick in. You can't drop them on the piste or off a lift but you can leave them in a bar when over the top. Geddit?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there is no way I could justify two pairs of my Hestra gloves (only ones that keep my hands warm and dry) and lose one pair in the pub !

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 10-01-11 9:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always get some elasyric from the market and a sliding buckle and attach to the gloves.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gravystuffing, rayscoops, oh, OK, I hadn't factored in being incapacitated in the pub! Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

she's probably young and on the pull!

no doubt, but my own observations suggest that the ability of young women in ski resorts to "pull" successfully bears very little relationship to the number of outfits they packed. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hasn't this thread been fun! I love having new skiers around and you always pick up something. Crocs for the chalet! Brilliant idea. Why didn't I think of that?

I agree with the "spare pair of gloves" idea as buying themin resort is painfully expensive. Those tiny fleece gloves (£1) from Decathlon are fine for evenings and weigh a couple of grammes.

I also want a clean pair of ski socks every day. I take a pair of Cat 1 goggles and a pair of Cat 3. (But no cats - they stay in England.)

I wonder if Millie, realises how knackered she will be. I know she is young, but I suspect she will be telling us when she comes back that she didn't get out of the chalet as often as she expected and brought back a lot of unused street clothes.

Hope you have a fabulous time and tell us all about it when you get back!

snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's something about ski holiday which causes you to have more energy than normal - when I did them in my 20's I was definitely skiing all day, apres ski drink, back to chalet for shower and snooze, dinner, out for beer, and still make it out early in the morning (maybe not first lift but not wasting much time)

The bit I learnt was Pam's point - your outfit isn't important to have a good time!!! I love dressing up to go out in the UK - but on ski holidays my style is much more dress down... There are some girls that do go to town with the outfits/makeup/shoes etc. but its not necessary at all for having fun in the evenings wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mountain mad wrote:
There's something about ski holiday which causes you to have more energy than normal - when I did them in my 20's I was definitely skiing all day, apres ski drink, back to chalet for shower and snooze, dinner, out for beer, and still make it out early in the morning (maybe not first lift but not wasting much time)

Glad I'm not the only one who can't do that any more Laughing

We did try to go for it a couple of years ago - decided we would ski all day, drop the kit off at the hotel, and then straight out to the bar. Had a good laugh and a few drinks, and then decided to head back for shower/change for dinner. However, one of our group, who isn't a big drinker, was a bit the worse for wear. When we were half-carrying her out of the bar, she stated in a loud voice "I've had a great night!" to which we replied it was only ten past six Laughing We took her back to her room and left her on her bed, coat and boots still on, and then changed and went to dinner. Admitting defeat at around 9 pm, the rest of us went off to bed, only to be woken by her calling from Reception at 10 pm asking where we all were, as she was ready to go dancing!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I hadn't packed any heels or little dresses haha and wasn't planning on matching shoes for every outfit!

I have 20kg baggage allowance and my suitcase was 17kg - although I will be taking a few things out now lol
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pah! What's wrong with you lot? I'm in my 40s and I still manage to ski all day and go out every night. It's a holiday for heaven's sake. I can sleep when I get home. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Millie10, if you can carry your suitcase and it weighs less than your airline allowance (normally 20kg) then you have no problems.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Millie10, hand luggage is your friend Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After reading this, I went through my wash bag and got rid of loads of weight. I now have some sample size shampoos instead of a new big bottle, tooth paste with only a 1/3rd on instead of a full one and got rid of loads of junk that has just collected over the years. I'm sure I have saved about 1.5kg
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can see the point of 2 pairs of salls, especially if beginner boarding, but having replaced a pair in La Rosiere (and spent a lot, there wasn't much that fit well) after they split impressively on day 1, 2 pairs (if owned) does have a point! Meribel or similar would be far worse...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Millie10 wrote:
I have 20kg baggage allowance and my suitcase was 17kg - although I will be taking a few things out now lol
If your suitcase weighs 17kg then no wonder you have problems getting your clothing etc into 3kg. Getting a new, lightweight, suitcase would be useful.
snow report
From our perspective, as we have paid for the chalet board which means there is usually wine left from after dinner (esp if you are a white wine drinker), we normally sit around the table/lounge and drink that so we don't have to go out and pay for extra alcohol.

Nothing to do with being Scottish at all. Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

When we were half-carrying her out of the bar, she stated in a loud voice "I've had a great night!" to which we replied it was only ten past six

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Randomsabreur wrote:
I can see the point of 2 pairs of salls, especially if beginner boarding, but having replaced a pair in La Rosiere (and spent a lot, there wasn't much that fit well) after they split impressively on day 1, 2 pairs (if owned) does have a point! Meribel or similar would be far worse...

yes I had to buy a new pair in Zermatt, not cheap at all. I still only take one pair though.
snow report
Drive and take what you like wink

Seriously though - I take 1 pair of jeans to drive in and a spare pair of slightly smarter trousers. In reality then slob around in pyjamas all evening - is just family in flat! Couple of t-shirts and fleeces and that's me sorted.

Crocs to tramp from flat to boot room, trainers to drive in and some snow boots.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy