Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

northwave legend boot problems?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone had these northwave legend snowboard boot problems?

although for me they are supercomfy i've had some problems with mine.

one of my laces wore right through after only 10 days use. it wore where it rubbed on one of the metal lace guide tube thingies.

also the sole has separated very slightly (so far) from the clear pad bit in the heel after only 5 days use so that i now get a really annoying loud squeak when i walk in them.

should i contact northwave direct (anyone had experiences of their customer service?) or the shop who i bought them from? (filarinskis, now near bosham, hampshire)

thanks for any help.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bythesea, i don't have northwave's but your best bet is to first contact filarinskis as you bought the boots from them. contact northwave depending on the outcome of that conversation. good luck!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks.

anyone else heard of problems with these boots?
it seems like a design problem to me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nothing really of note on the other forums - one report of a snapped lace after 3/4 weeks use, but they got free replacements from Northwave on request - see what you mean about the lace guides though - maybe you just happen to have a rough edge on your one which caught the lace. If the sole is coming away too, reckon you're best off getting in contact with the shop you got them from as sherlock235 suggests and getting a refund or replacement.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had legends for 4 years and never had a sinlge problem with them. My brother rides Freedoms and has had them for 3 years - again no problems. Sounds like they are a bad pair so northwave will replace them. Don't know what their C/S is like but I would go to the shop first.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for all your replies.

i took them back today to filarinskis (near Bosham).
it turns out the boot was squeaking due to a leaking air pad in the heal.
also while in the shop i noticed that the sole was coming away by the big toe side of the same boot.
because of these faults it was deemed a warranty issue & after the shop contacted the importer (ultrasport i think) i was given a new pair of this seasons boots as a replacement there & then.

on the new boots i notice that the metal lace guide has been changed to a differently shaped plastic one so maybe there were problems with other peoples laces too.

great service from both the shop (i was even offered a choice of colours) & also the importer & so although did i have a problem i would recommend both these boots & filarinskis to others.

i'd not heard of problems with these boots either so hopefully this was an isolated case.

i'm now a happy bunny Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bythesea, sounds like a result. Hope your new boots stay sound. Happy riding!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy