Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet virgin with a couple of questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Another tip. When we have booked a hire car, the Other Half and I always "divide and conquer" - ie, he stays and waits for the bags to offload and I go straight through to the car hire desk thus being ahead of all those who have waited for their bags. On an ideal day, by the time he has the bags I have completed all the car hire paperwork and we can head straight off. As daughter is now 6 she decides which parent she will accompany. (I usually drive when we are in Europe as OH will only drive an automatic and I am too parsimonious to pay the supplement for it!)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We flew Gatwick - Grenoble last year with Easyjet. It was the first in a few years that we'd used them, and we were quite impressed. Particularly useful was the ability to check in for early flights (before 08.30) the night before. We ditched our bags, got our boarding passes, and wandered across to the Sofitel.

In the morning, we got up at a sensible time and breezed straight through security.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I usually drive when we are in Europe as OH will only drive an automatic and I am too parsimonious to pay the supplement for it!

Laughing and they're not ideal on snow, either.

Quote:

Particularly useful was the ability to check in for early flights (before 08.30) the night before

I can see that's a very clever trick if you're in a hotel at the airport but am still interested in the answer to my question about online check in where you have to travel to the airport. If you miss the flight, have you shot your bolt?

The whole business of "check in", if it is divorced both from being physically at the airport AND doing all the baggage bits, must surely be a bit pointless?

If people are in possession of a valid booking, why can they not just be deemed to have "checked in"? I haven't flown for a bit but they still do a 100% passport check, don't they, whether you check in at the airport, or at home, and regardless of whether you have luggage or not.

What value, precisely, does the "check in" (at the computer terminal, in the case of easyJet at Geneva) add to the process either for the passenger or the airline?
latest report
 brian
brian
pam w, I think the only thing it offers them is confirmation you intend to fly. Obviously this will be true of the vast majority of bought tickets but there will always be a few where people can't travel or bought the ticket because it was so cheap and then can't use it or whatever. If they know they have all checked in passengers aboard, then they can close the gate/leave early if possible.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian wrote:
...confirmation you intend to fly. Obviously this will be true of the vast majority of bought tickets...

It always amazes me how many people purchase tickets and then just don't turn up. I don't mean those that get lost in the shops or the bar rolling eyes , just those who don't turn up at the airport. I could probably count on both hands over the six years that I've been wirh eJ, the amount of times that the 'booked' and 'actual' are the same.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Chambery is a bit unusual. I got off the plane on "autopilot", not really paying attention, actually looking for the loo, and suddenly realised I was out in the lobby thing, ready to go out to the carpark, and there had been no "immigration" check. That, plus free parking right outside the door, was a bit special - but it was a quiet Tuesday night. I gather it can be very different on a busy Saturday. alex_heney, that sounds a bit "skin of the teeth"!

It is 5 minutes drive from the beach to the airport car park, then less than 5 minutes walk from there to security. And the gates no more than that from security. We had "checked in" online before even flying out.

Jersey is a very small and quite informal airport Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michelle,
Quote:

over the six years that I've been wirh eJ

Shocked Is it that long, ferk, I'm getting old time is passing far to quick Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, tell me about it!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I havent flown with easyjet for a few years and wondering now.....do you not get seats allocated? I have kids 10 and 12 so will i just be boarded with the majority or get speedy as i have kids or do they have to be under 5
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
polo99, they have to under 5. But as they're 10 & 12, you might strike lucky and get to sit at the other end of the a/c from them Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michelle wrote:
polo99, they have to under 5. But as they're 10 & 12, you might strike lucky and get to sit at the other end of the a/c from them Toofy Grin

haha thats just what my hubby said. he said we might get a bit of peace and quiet this flight then? Shocked

We are flying newcastle to geneva at the end of the month
snow conditions
 brian
brian
polo99, never works for me. It's amazing how accommodating people will be if you confront them with the possibility of a couple of unsupervised urchins. rolling eyes We usually end up with a row of 3 and a single blissful seat of peace (mrs b and I take turns but I guess you could pull rank wink ).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I should think that, for kids that age, sitting separately from their parents would be infinitely preferable, make them feel really grown up.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ajrduff wrote:
We flew Gatwick - Grenoble last year with Easyjet. It was the first in a few years that we'd used them, and we were quite impressed. Particularly useful was the ability to check in for early flights (before 08.30) the night before. We ditched our bags, got our boarding passes, and wandered across to the Sofitel.

In the morning, we got up at a sensible time and breezed straight through security.

Does anyone know if that facility is offered at Luton? We have a 06.30 flight at half term and are staying over the night before so it would be really helpful.

I'd ask them online but they still haven't replied to my baggage allowance query from last Tuesday.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy