Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British drunken people in skiing at La Plagne / Les Arc (France) 2011

Poster: A snowHead
freeheelskier wrote:
Boris, Brits; scandies and Russian are in majorites,, its not happens alot that you see french like this

As are the Dutch, Germans, Irish... people like to drink, whooop de doo Basil...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing wrote:
Quote:

at the end most did not seem p7ssed at all !

Quite, watch it again there is no evidence of drink in that clip, plus it looks like it is filmed from a chalet balcony so possibly they have finished skiing for the day!

Yep, that's roughly my take on it too. Can't see what's wrong with it if it's what they want to do with their own time and money. As a Brit I'm not embarrassed by it. High spirits, tom foolery and a bit of drunkeness isn't the exclusive domain of just one nation. Try Spring Break in a US resort, watch the Dutch get going and them Swedes (as opposed to Norwegians who are OK) with a few cheap drinks inside them are a nightmare,,,
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
freeheelskier,

Do Swedes get drunk and disorderly? You bet.

Population of Sweden - 9.3 million - and a lot ski on home snow
Population of UK - 61.3 million

Of course you are more likely to see drunk Brits than drunk Swedes. I can cope with mostly-friendly drunk Brits but most Scandos go all viking and want to fight everyone. Nutters.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 10-01-11 21:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Americans!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
daveqpr, AWFUL. Could seriously blind someone. I like how the coward runs and hides. SCUM
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
daveqpr, having listened carefully, I think the actual perpetrator is French.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice midde class types behaving like thugs in the Savoie-again. What a surprise..............Please stay in the Savoie and the other fast food skiing 'paradises' which you're happy paying Dorchester prices for.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, Where have I say that there is more drunk brits than swedes, I have say more Brites than french,,, france population more than 60 million,, you read here like the devil read the bible,, if somone now the guy with the fireworks, name on him her please
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
freeheelskier,
Quote:

if somone now the guy with the fireworks, name on him her please
I don't know what this means but, as posted above, I think he was French.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
daveqpr wrote:
No problem with this video at all, just a bit of horseplay.

This video however brings more shame to the brits abroad and not a drink in sight

http://youtube.com/v/yQB2nl3S2zU

That is a disgrace. Someone died at Cowes week a few years ago when a flare was set off; what if that had hit a kid skiing past.......
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Watching that makes me feel sick. That could have hit anybody and done some serious damage.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smokin Joe wrote:
Southerners letting the country down Laughing Laughing Laughing

Were they not signing about being from Sheffield? (university I assume?)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hmm - while undoubtably a really stupid thing to do, I don't think that was deliberatley aimed at anyone or even across the piste. I think the muppets involved were trying to send that rocket upwards and in teh setting up and lighting it went of at an angle. The person setting it up was in the way but seemed to be trying to tie to balcony before running away, at which point you could see the rocket at an angle

While seriously stupid I don't think there was any intent there.

Of course what we don't know was how many people went over to their apartment balcony to complain/beat the proverbial out of them. I bet there were a few.

Voice clearly heard on video sounded American to me - if you're unhappy then comment on the video on youtube
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
English 'tourists' I think. Law on recklessness may apply in the UK (if the incident took place here) and reasonably forseeable consequences would be tested. Intent is an issue but arguable as to whether it's direct or not. Reasonable foresight of consequences would almost certainly be considered. This is potentially criminal behaviour and I'm afraid it's another indictment of the clearly privileged cocks that now ruin our sport. Unbridled hedonism (no doubt these people are Nihilsts, save their own unshakeable belief in their righteousness to inflict their misery upon us) seems unchecked these days (they're only having a laff).

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 11-01-11 21:31; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boris, deffinately aimed across the piste, before he lights it its resting on the balcony at the same angle as after hes lit it - you can see it clearly at 8 seconds in. The gent filming admits its stupid so knows whats going to happen IMO.

Deffinately intent -otherwise there would be gasps of shock as it went onto the piste.
snow report
Yes Bones, the angle of the firework would offer a strong prima facie case for indirect intent (arguable about who on the piste is deliberately targetted). Coupled with recklessness and reasonably forseeable consequences this 'gentleman' would have a case to answer.

What would a suitable retribution for him be?
snow conditions
that firework one is insane - maybe the police will get interested as they are with youtube clips of dangerous driving etc
snow report
Brainless. However, I think I'd prefer to be hit by a small firework rocket (though maybe not a flare....) than by a drunken 15 stone lardy, if I had to choose between the two.
snow report
i'll try to lay off the port when i ski Laughing
latest report
I wonder if the idiot who set off the firework was ever apprehended and made to account?
snow report
That idiot is 12 years older and probably wiser now.
latest report
pam w wrote:
That idiot is 12 years older and probably wiser now.

and as such one would hope he has better aim Toofy Grin
snow report
He’s probably got a post in the Cabinet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy