Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Problems getting your boots on?.....maybe this can help?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I stumbled across this product today which supposedly has been designed to help people get in and out of their ski boots:-

http://www.eazyon.com/
http://www.eazyon.com/About_Us.html

If you read up about the product it seems to be aimed at racers that have problems getting into stiff and tight-fighting boots that really need to be man-handled (or woman-handled) to get on. It also claims that it helps keep your feet dry

It got me thinking what's in the can and is it simply a gimmick? I would guess that it's some form of silicon spray that makes surfaces more slippery and also forms a barrier against water.

There's not a lot of info about the product but from the video clip it shows putting your foot in the liner, spraying the outside of the liner and then putting on the shell (the approach I'm sure most racers adopt). But I get the feeling they also suggest spraying the inside of the liner and slipping your foot into the liner and boot together is an option

There's a lot of knowledgable folks on snowHead when it comes to ski boots, but personally I'm not sure if I like the idea of having a 'slippery' surface between the liner and shell, or at the end of the day would it not make any difference?

Any thoughts?

A question to the boot fitting gurus - is putting the liner on first and then the shell a vaiable option, if like me, you sometimes struggle to get your boots on, especially when they are cold? Will the continual removal of the liners cause any problems, or are they designed to handled like this?

Sleipnir

PS - I hasten to add that I've no connections to this company/product. Just thought that it'd be something that some of you may be interested in discussing the merits of such a product/approach

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 9-01-11 18:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would be worried about spraying anything in my liners. Might be worth a trip to Halfrauds for a can of Silicon Spray to find out...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Although I have real problems getting my boots on I also suffer from heel slip as they are quite narrow. Wondering if this would increase with the added lubrication.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sleipnir, I've used silicone spray in the past - it does help. Very warm boots are a good answer.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sleipnir, I have to put my liners on first (lace up Zip-Fit Gara) and then put the shells on, as there's no way I can get me foot in otherwise. Getting them off I can manage in one go. Doesn't seem to be hurting the liners.

I used a silicon spray years ago with Hanson boots, the liners were neoprene I think.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have seen a Bridgedale sock that is for sale in the US but strangely not here. The heel and the instep area has the usual padded areas but the outer sheath of the sock is a slippy fabric to ease entry.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi All,

I saw this post come up when I google searched my website www.eazyon.com...

I just wanted to let all of you know that, the product EazyOn, was developed to help individuals get on and off their ski boots as mentioned by the original poster. I am a former ski racer and this stuff is a must have for anyone with lace-up liners, not only will it help you get on and off your boots but since testing, an arrangement of different prototypes of EazyOn, I discovered that it will help prevent lace-up liners from tearing.

For those of you who have trouble getting in and out of your ski boots and don's use lace-ups, don't worry, this stuff works for you too. One can simply spray EazyOn into the liner and easily get into and out of their boots...the ingredients in the spray are all cosmetic...I founded this product after seeing not only thousands of people struggling to get into their ski boots, put also because of all the crazy products I saw people spraying to get on their ski boots, most of which was not safe at all.

The product is currently out in the marketplace and can be found at a bunch of locations on the East Coast. The website is up...but currently in test phase...Looks Like Snow Heads was again at the forefront of new cutting edge ski products...The site should be live for orders on Friday!

Eazy Does It,

Connor Lemenze
Founder@EazyOn
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clemenze, welcome to Snowheads Very Happy

On your website you say "And Really Fun To Use!" - I can't imagine spraying lubricant in my ski boots could be such fun so is there an application you haven't mentioned on the site and should I tell my wife to get some cans to keep handy in the bedside cabinet? Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
roga, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I trust when the site goes live clemenze, there'll be a discount for snowHeads?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is something I would definitely stay away. Reason why race boots don't have lycra style liners like recreational boots have (slipping in easier is main reason for this lycra thing on liners) is grip. With current material of race boot liners, liner "sucks" into your sock/foot, while with lycra you get your foot slip around. Yeah sure it's just a bit, but even a bit is enough to have less control. So why would anyone want to remove this grip?
Next to that... there's no way to put your foot into race boot "regular" way. For race boots, you first put liner on (like sock), then tie it up, and then you slide all together into the shell. I never saw anyone putting boots on different way (talking about race boots of course).
So for me personally, this product is definitely something, that should be avoided. Sorry Clemenze for ruining your business, but...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy