Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transport between val d'isere and les arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Happy New Ski Year peeps!

We're off to val d'isere in a few weeks and my parents are going to les arcs the same week. Does anyone know of any transport solutions between the two resorts for a day trip?

Ta very much!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
weirdonorskie, if you're young and up for it you could probably hitch ("faire le stop").
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Arcs is not a place as is implied by the plural in the name. The easiest way to get any of the villages is to go to Bourg St. Maurice and catch the Funicular up to Arc 1600 and ski to wherever you are going. There are agreements between Espace Killy and Paradiski regarding the lift passes depending on what pass you buy in resort. You must ask at the ticket office in Val if you can get a day in Paradiski do not assume that can just be sorted out at the Les Arcs end (I'm not sure about this but that is how it works the other way round). There is a lift office at the foot of the funicular when you get to Bourg. If you don't fancy-hitch hiking then ask at the bus station in Val for possibilities to get to Bourg. The walk from Bourg bus station to the Funicular is about 15 minutes in ski boots!!!! If you end up going by taxi I'm guessing it will cost around 30 - 40 euros each way to Bourg. Going on to any other of the Les Arcs villiages may be more because of the increased time and distance involved. Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a direct bus from Val to Bourg, then funicular from Bourg up to Les Arcs. Easy enough really. In theory, the bus station is joined-on to the funicular station, but it always feels like a fecking long way! I don't think you have to pre-arrange your lift pass in any way, just rock-up to the ticket office at the bottom of the funicular, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Taxi will be a lot more than gravystuffing's guess - I'd say more like 80€ each way (Sainte Foy to Val d'Isere is generally 60€ each-way).

Alternatively, you can ski to Les Arcs off the top of Tignes! (Very, very off-piste!).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You're probably right about the taxi prices. I live in Les Coches where prices are more sensible than Val Shocked

I guess if you choose Val then you're not going to quibble about a few extra euros. It might also depend on the day and time. I suspect Saturday would be much more than Tuesday.

In Les Coches you have to get a local ticket before you can get a free pass in another ski area. Seasonaires can get a ticket at the local office that entitles you to two days in 3 Valleys and two days in Espace Killy per season.

However according to Tignesnet.com just need to take your receipt with you

http://www.tignesnet.com/lift-system-and-passes/tignes-and-espace-killy-lift-pass-prices-winter.htm

Quote:
Passes of 5 days or more entitle you to one days skiing in both the Paradiski and 3 Valleys ski areas (subject to the opening of all ski resorts and the renewal of the agreements). Take your lift pass receipt with you as proof of purchase

I'd just check local arrangments when buying your passes.

Here is what it says on Laplagnet.com

Quote:
For Paradiski passes of 5 days or longer, you are also entitled to ski for free for one day in either of the Espace Killy resorts (Tignes or Val d'Isere) AND in the 3 Valleys (Meribel, Courchevel & Val Thorens/Belleville Valley). Restrictions may apply so be sure to ask at one of the cash desks before heading out of resort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check the STGM web-site, but a 6 day pass for the Espace Killy should give you a free day's skiing in Paradiski.
Check in the Val D tourist info for the bus times to & from Bourg St Maurice & get your free day pass from the ticket office in BsM. Funicular upto the snow.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice guys.

I guess I should probably have mentioned that there are 15 of us in val and only 4 of them in les arcs, so trying to swing them up our way.

Although I'm sure theyd be up for the hitching idea, it's fathers 64th whilst they're out there, so I think s more leisurely journey is favoured! I'll check out some taxi prices as that's probably the mOst straight forward option. If it's only 80 euros each way then that shouldn't be too painful!

Shane to hear the crap news that the fresh snow brought...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi there, im based in les arcs for the season and would be able to help out with transport over to tignes . alig_bigdog@hotmail.co.uk is my email add get in touch if you are interested have any questions. Blush
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
how do you ski from tignes to les arcs? this sounds a very good idea. How long does it take?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
19th_hole_eagle, read my reply in the other thread you started.

aligbigdog, where are you working in Les Arcs, do you fancy meeting for a beer. Might have some transfer work for you as well. PM me if you want.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy