Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Supershape Titan 2011 - Any views?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone own/tried a pair of these. I have been admiring them on a recent trip. Well rated by the ESF guy I was talking to. A so-called 'fat carver' with 78 cm underfoot and 128 cm at the tip. Slightly wider than the Magnum. Any one tried these this year - what are they like off-piste?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CharlieL, I've got a pair, so has my wife Kitty. Skied them for 3 days in Tignes so far, plus various times indoors. Conditions in Tignes were great, pistes were perfect plus we had about 20 cm of fresh off-piste. They dealt with all that they come up against no problems whatsoever. What I really like about them was the fact that despite being 78mm underfoot they still gave great piste performance with a small turn radius, so short turns are easy. Great edge grip too. Wide enough to deal with off-piste without issues especially as the tip is so wide.
It feels like a fat race ski to me, does pretty much everthing a race ski does on piste, but wide enough to deal with variables.

They are heavy though, not great if you've got to carry them on your shoulder for miles, but they're fine once on your feet.

What sort of skier are you? They can feel like they're out to kill you if you're not on top of them.

As a one set quiver they're great. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Spyderman - Well, I ski all runs with confidence, love long relaxing carves in the afternoons (e.g., Sarenne ADH) but really enjoy spending most of the mornings (when I have most energy) taking on the challenges of steeps and moguls (e.g., Le tunnel (ADH) - is probably my favourite piste). Not backcountry but like also off-piste within resort (spent last week skiing among the trees at Chamrousse). Have been skiing on Head Xenon 4s for the last two years - had fun, but finding the limitations when pushed (they don't like ice or crud, and do 'chatter' at the tips). So I'm looking for a better all-mountain ski with more stability but one which will allow me short radius, moguls and semi-deep powder for those between piste adventures. I'm 5'11 (80 kgs) and have been skiing on 163 cm Xenon's - so was also maybe thinking that going up to 170 cm would provide a little more stability - what do you think? Would the Titan fit the bill? CL.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CharlieL, Perfect for you I'd say, 170cm for sure.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman - Thanks. One other thing - does the chip (KERS?) behind the binding actually do anything or is that just a gimmick? Would be interest to hear from someone who has actually skiied on them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CharlieL, I'd say that was impossible to say as the Titan is a new model, so there's no comparison to another Titan without KERS. It aledgedly stores energy and uses it to stiffen the tail at the end of the turn. Does it work? who knows, but I could feel the "snap" from the tail at the end of the turn.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy