Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing hurts!

Poster: A snowHead
I would go and see a physio, I did a similar thing 6 years ago and can still feel a line in my leg which I can only describe as missing muscle. I just left mine and didn't think much of it at the time.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 9-01-11 13:47; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have had a few like this.....Motocross related.

I did one 2 weeks before a skiing holiday and had it drained of blood and fluid a couple of times.

I was told its the mucsle bleeding, which seems to take a while to stop.

You can at least look forward to watching the blood flow down your leg making parts of your leg black that were no where near your injury!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Phisio always better early rather than later.

I had a great one in Zermatt. Gave me acupuncture whilst looking at his instruction book. Looked like Bill Clinton and his assistant was a bronzed Goddess. Philip Aufdenblatten. Some people just stick in the memory.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got a 'Popeye' injury falling over (caught my heel in a pothole on the South Bank) a couple of years ago. My entire arm went black for a while, it was rather frightening. Shocked I didn't have any treatment though, and the arm is fully functional: the strength in it is pretty puny, but that's true of the other one as well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

It now stretches round to the inside of my thigh and about half way towards my knee.

It will reach the ankle eventually....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is not the forum either. But yesterday saw a snowboarder try to do a big jump, chickened out and he steered in a curve straight into the side of the jump. He splatted Desparate Dan-style in the side with arms sticking out. He may have had an all-over bruise. It made me laugh. Sorry.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sofia, a bit like this, you mean?
http://youtube.com/v/AwJNEU58pIc&feature=rec-HM-r2
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I crashed off an empty piste at high speed and into a small ravine. Skied out after checking all limbs etc OK, but left hand hurt a little. 2 fractures found, now full of wires.

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
HAHA YES! But he didn't take off, he just waved his arms in circles like Mr Bean! The impact crater was much the same though...
Get well soon and keep us posted
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That was for Liveesy btw, though the same goes for Pam if you're suffering
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sofia, i saw a good one today. Some gaper snow ploughed to the lip of the kicker and then fell over the lip and into the netting. I couldnt contain my self. Last week i saw a gaper knuckle a kicker, double rear eject and scorpion down the landing. I love gapers. Twisted Evil
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

i saw a gaper knuckle a kicker, double rear eject and scorpion down the landing

and in English?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott, perhaps subtitles are needed, I put it into google translate but it was no help Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Liveezy, Laughing Laughing Laughing don't be mean about gapers though - we all had to learn at some point.... Embarassed

Shimmy Alcott, Laughing he means he saw a newbie miss the landing on a kicker, both his feet ejected from his skis on the back of their bindings and the skis hit the top of their head as they landed face first on the other side of the kicker in the netting.

or at least, i think that's what it means wink
latest report
Scorpion = skidding face first on you chest while legs arc over backwards scorpion stlye
snow report
sherlock235, yep, pretty much. The most annoying thing is that i had a camera in my hands on both occasions and didnt record either.

Not me, i was born skiing snowHead
snow report
Liveezy, can we have another photo please?
ski holidays
Liveezy, how did you get the Calvin Klein sponsorship? wink
A snowHead said on another thread that "chicks dig scars." I'd say that applies to extreme bruising too, for some twisted reason (damn you Scarpa get out of my head!)
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, I'm pretty sure this thread needs a nsfw tag.

This one is good, it shows the fluid build up well. It wraps all the way round to the front inside of my thigh. I'm not sure i can put that picture up though. Embarassed

snow report
Liveezy, that has actually just made me feel sick. I seriously think you need to go and see a doctor ASAP, that is not normal. How do you even sit down? Puzzled
snow conditions
just showing off your calvin kleins Toofy Grin
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, The brusing doesnt hurt. It's only the swelling thats sensitive. Im going to go tomorrow and get it drained off. Then i can start shredding again. Smile
ski holidays
Panda eyes we know about. Panda @rs is a bit rarer. Cool
latest report
Quote:

though the same goes for Pam if you're suffering

no, I'm fine, thanks. My super-brooz was years ago and it has gone now (took ages, though).

Quote:

Panda eyes we know about. Panda @rs is a bit rarer. Cool

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Liveezy,

I had one a bit like that only quite a lot bigger a couple of years ago. Honestly it was bigger - it looked like I had a third buttock but sticking out of my thigh. And no one has ever accused me of having small buttocks...

I did it coming off a bike with a bunch of keys in my shorts pocket. Not a mistake you make twice.

It takes ages to go down but you do get the entertainment of seeing the blood drain between the layers of muscle. You could see purple all the way down to my ankle a week later! The thing to watch for is that your knee is a bit of a pinch point and can get quite congested with the draining fluid - go easy if it starts to stiffen up. The other thing to be careful of is if the swelling starts to get hot to touch or you begin to feel feverish - I was told that it is unusual but possible that it gets infected.

I got it checked out by my GP who suggested seeing a physio for a bit of ultrasound. Ideas is that it helps the fluid drain away quicker.

Anyway, the good news is that you will recover very well - much better than bone/tendon/ligament damage.

Cheers,
J
snow report
I went to have it looked at today as the pressure was unbearable. After 2 failed syringes the doctor made a small incision and scooped out all the contents which i would describe as a deep red cottage cheese. He then put a bag on it which i need to go and have changed/removed on friday. Oh the relief!! Hopefully be back on skis soon Madeye-Smiley

latest report
OMFG! Shocked sorry dude, but that looks gross.

hope your recovery goes well - from what i can see of the blood draining down, it looks as though you are.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 13-01-11 1:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jeez!!!

I just had a little bit sick come up!

Red cottage cheese! I hope no-ones doing a bit of surfing during their lunch!
snow conditions
superb saga. Keep the updates coming Very Happy
snow conditions
WTF is going on with your leg, seriously i have just nearly been sick. Red cottage cheese, scooped out, a bag to catch any more, im scarred for life. spoo
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, you know you were asking about new career directions, a while ago? Well if you were thinking about medicine, maybe you should think again? wink

Glad it's feeling better, Liveezy; hope the bag makes it through the night.
ski holidays
lol awesome. Just dont wear the Calvin kleins three days in a row wink glad you are feeling a bit of relief.
ski holidays
Holy Cow! Shocked
snow conditions
Nature's way of telling you to be more careful Very Happy
latest report
Just going to have a beetroot and cottage cheese sandwich too
latest report
Quote:

Nature's way of telling you to be more careful

No, nature's way of sorting out despite your not being careful enough. It's just bruising; he'll live!
ski holidays
Is the bag there to collect your insides when your leg seeps out of its skin?
latest report
Liveezy wrote:
Shimmy Alcott, I'm pretty sure this thread needs a nsfw tag.

This one is good, it shows the fluid build up well. It wraps all the way round to the front inside of my thigh. I'm not sure i can put that picture up though. Embarassed

When I had one of those I found swimming was good re-hab. Added bonus that all the other swimmers who saw my coming into the pool got out in horror in case the caught the dreadful skin disease this chap had Toofy Grin ...every cloud etc etc
latest report
oooh, that'll be sore in the morning. A top quality war wound.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy