Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Rossl Schladming - Anyone Been?

Poster: A snowHead
Have a short list of holidays to book for this year and top of the list is this hotel as I have wanted to go to Schladming for ages. Seems to be a good deal on this hotel at the moment but struggling to find any information on it. Know it is now part of the TUI offering (Crystal, First Choice etc) and was previously Equity Ski (I think).

Anyone stayed here - my biggest concern is standard of food as is half board offering, can anyone provide any feedback on this? Also it mentions that there is a nightclub in the basement - can you hear this from the rooms?

I am not too fussy about accommodation, I just want a warm room, hot shower and a comfy bed and then big portions of food in the evening. Does not have to be cordon-bleu but would be a little disappointed with chicken and chips, pizza and pasta every night.

Any help much appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sandwichman, My #1 son cheffed there for the 04/05 season when it was with Equity. He was 18 and cooked up a storm. People rebooked to go back that season.

However, who knows who will be cheffing this season.

Yes, night club in basement but don't think there was a problem with noise. Bedrooms are separated by two floors from nightclub.

Welcome to snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sandwichman,
saw that one as well but lack of 'any' feedback made me wary.
Will be interested to see the replies on this thread.
Mitch
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mate, stayed there in 07/08 with Equity and the food was awful - literally the worst I've experienced on any trip in my life; sub-school-dinner standard cooked by clueless teenagers being managed by monkeys who didn't give a toss.

Noise IS a massive issue also - the nightclub is open till 4/5 am and while you can't hear the music, the pi$$£d up patrons arriving and leaving meant sleep was at a premium...

As a footnote, the skiing was some of the best I've ever had on a one week trip. If you get powder, get the bus to Fageralm wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the reponses - not exactly a ringing endorsment by oz5000 - I think I know why it is so cheap! If anyone has any differing opinions please feel free to contribute
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sandwichman,
Best avoided me thinks!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just returned today from a 4 night stay in the Rossl. The food was very good with 2 choices each evening. Breakfast was the usual Austrian fayre of bread, cheese and meat.

On the whole the hotel was basic and functional and I was surprised at how nice the food was as I was expecting much worse from what Crystal decribe as a two star hotel.

I had no issues with the noise from the nightclub but after a few jagermeisters I can sleep through anything!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm there in 2 weeks, price was too good to turn down and I have always wanted to ski Scladming, so prepared to take my chances and will post a report when I get back.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wardster00 - Thanks for the response - I guess the question would be - would you go back again or stay somewhere else?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sandwichman, yes I woud go back again. The hotel was good value for money and Schladming is a great little town with excellent skiing.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wardster00,

Sorry, a couple of questions

Was the hotel run by Crystal staff of locally operated?

Is there a ski room, or did you use lockers at the gondola? if lockers, how much were they?

Many thanks
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mister T, thre is a ski room at the hotel that is free of charge. However, we used the lockers at the gondola station though as one locker holds 4 sets of skis and boots and it was 20 euros between the 4 of us for the 4 days that we were there. The new gondola station is pretty impressive and the lockers are all heated to dry everything out.

The hotel is locally operated but the Crystal rep does live at the hotel. The people who own the Rossl also run the Neue Post hotel up the road that looks a little more premium to the Rossl.

The Planai gondola did tend to get a pretty big queue between 9am and 10.30am so probably best to try and avoid these times if you can.

I hope this helps.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just got back from a stay in said hotel yesterday. In short:-

- Comfy (but a bit dated), very warm rooms, with spotless modern ensuite facilities.

- Good location in town centre and only a 5 minute walk to the Planai gondola.

- No noise from the night club.

- Pleasant (non Crystal) staff. 1 Hungarian (Hungary's Next Top Model) waitress and 1 Austrian waitress.

- Very good grub, with a choice of 2 main courses each evening, following a salad bar and soup starter. We had deer stew, roast pork, bass, beef and a pasta dish. Can't remember the other choices unfortunately. Main meals come with potatoes and 1 or 2 vegetables. Portions aren't massive but the 3 courses fill you up. A good breakfast buffet with a choice of cereals, yoghurts, breads, meat, cheeses and boiled eggs.

- There is a ski/boot room in the hotel. We didn't use lockers at the gondola as we began each day at a separate mountain to avoid the rugby scrum at the Planai gondola. Unfortunately our trip coincided with the Austrian school hols and the runs were heaving Sad

I'd definitely stay at the Rossl again though Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
THanks for your replies, less than two weeks, so officially looking forward to it now. Just hope it doesn't get too warm!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bergmeister, you were obvioulsy there at the same time as us. Judging from your location I'm guessing that you were with the group where the guy had broken his wrist. I hope that he is on the mend and least managed to get some time on the slopes.

We were the group of four lads that generally ate dinner still in our ski gear due to too much apres ski!!

I second the comments about the Hungarian waitress, she really is gorgeous.
ski holidays
Thank you for all the replies - sadly the comment from oz5000 put off the other people coming so instead we are going independantly - probably going to Wagrain further along the valley Sad
snow conditions
Hi Bergmeister and Wardster00,
We were the family of 6 in the window corner. Glad you enjoyed your break. Completely agree with you both. I thought everything was absolutely fineat the hotel although the noise was pretty bad at night. I was so tired after skiing and drinking the lovely draft beer that I did get to sleep but I think some people were affected badly by it.
I also completely agree with the comments on the waitress! The lads on our table were very interested and went in search of the Angel Club to find her!! No luck unfortunately!
The skiing was excellent- we went to Planai and Hochwurzen(Rhormoos) mainly.
latest report
Jasperchepstow wrote:
Hi Bergmeister and Wardster00,
We were the family of 6 in the window corner. Glad you enjoyed your break. Completely agree with you both. I thought everything was absolutely fineat the hotel although the noise was pretty bad at night. I was so tired after skiing and drinking the lovely draft beer that I did get to sleep but I think some people were affected badly by it.
I also completely agree with the comments on the waitress! The lads on our table were very interested and went in search of the Angel Club to find her!! No luck unfortunately!
The skiing was excellent- we went to Planai and Hochwurzen(Rhormoos) mainly.
Stayed there last year and had a great time, hotel is basic but clean, as stated all meals are taken at the Neue Post and in my opinion were excellent for the what is classed as a 2* hotel, unfortunately we did not have the Hungarian waitress last year but I am looking forward to seeing her this year when I go back there in a couple of weeks. It is well worth paying to keep your skis at the Planai lift base as it is about a 5 minute walk and a lot easier at the end of the day to just walk back and visit the odd bar or two without lugging skis and poles around. Also recommend visiting the Planai station at the end of the day or week and getting a print out of all the runs you have done and distance covered, the printer is just to the right of the pay desk for lift passes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy