Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Annual Holiday Insurance Query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following the other thread regarding insurance, one question that always niggles in my mind regarding annual holiday insurance policies is if my policy runs from 01/01/10 to 01/01/11 and I book a holiday in April 2010 for Jan 2011 after the existing policy expires, am I covered if I have to cancel the holiday before the renewal date. I have always renewed the policy early December but never really sure how it all should work?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevew, if anything happens between the policy expiry date and the renewal then you won't be covered for that period so say you had to cancel on 5th Jan you would not be covered. Once you renew you are covered again
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx wrote:
stevew, if anything happens between the policy expiry date and the renewal then you won't be covered for that period so say you had to cancel on 5th Jan you would not be covered. Once you renew you are covered again

My point was that I have no lapsed time between cover but does the 2010 policy cover a 2011 holiday if I had to cancel in 2010 whilst covered by the 2010 policy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd say (no expert) that during the 2010 policy period you're covered any thig that happens in that period. I suspect it's in the smallprint of the Ts+Cs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevew, aah, that's not how I read it. I agree with adithorp. The insured event (reason for cancellation) would have happened during the currnet policy period
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I asked Direct Travel about this once, I was given the answer adithorp gave - but if it was in the T&Cs is was in sufficiently obscure language I couldn't find it (and I'm not particularly illiterate). If the cancellation happens in the insured period it's not a problem that the trip was due to take place after the expiry of the insurance. Obviously, you need to ensure the renewal runs on contiguously from the current expiry to remain insured for anything that happens between the current expiry and the completion of the trip.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy