Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport - French Side

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Bit of a random question but I am picking up a car from the French side of Geneva Airport and was wondering if it was possible to buy a load of meat from the supermarket in the airport (swiss side I assume) and take it into the French side?

Not sure if there are limitations on things like fresh food or not?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there a supermarket in the Swiss side? All the shops in the airport always seem soooo expensive! Anyway if you do buy anyting on the swiss side and then carry it thru to the French side I have never been stopped or checked so can't imagine it would be a problem
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there a supermarket in the Swiss side? All the shops in the airport always seem soooo expensive! Anyway if you do buy anyting on the swiss side and then carry it thru to the French side I have never been stopped or checked so can't imagine it would be a problem
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have been asked at the Swiss border whether we had meat with us, so there is obviously some senstiivity there.

If you've got a car though, i would say don't buy stuff at the airport anyway, find a French supermarket after you leave the airport. French food prices are cheaper. Even motorway service shops will be cheaper if you arrive late in the evening.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nearest French supermarket is only 5 minutes away from GVA in Ferney. Turn left as you come out of the airport. right at the roundabout, right at the next roundabout and you're there. Big retail park with a Hyper Champion store. Stays open until 9:00 pm Monday to Saturday. Handy if you arrive late at GVA & know the shops will be closed when you get to resort. There's also a Leclerc a bit further away - turn left at the first roundabout and follow the road that runs parallel to the runway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a supermarket at the airport, at the very end of the station shopping concourse (open 24/7 I think). But I bet the supermarket whose location is so accurately described by janner would be a whole lot cheaper.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies. Have carrefour taken over Champion?

And has anyone used the supermarket at Ferney recently to confirm it is open until 21.00. All the info I can find shows that all the supermarkets close at 19.30 and as we dont land until 18.15 it might be a bit tight to get to the supermarket before then allowing for baggage collection, sorting out car hire etc.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just had a look at the E Leclerc one and that is open until 8pm so should be able to get to that one.

Many thanks Janner for your info. Much appreciated.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If in doubt nip downstairs to the station Migros pam w mentioned, they are open until 9pm every day (even Sunday).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cham08 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Have carrefour taken over Champion?

AFAIK they always have owned them ( as usual could be wrong) .. although goods frequently seemed cheaper in the Champion chain ... they do seem to be being re-branded now as Carrefour and Carrefour Express
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy