Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A new bibliophile approach to skiing levels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Level 1 - You have no awareness of Skiing books magazines or internet forums discussing 'virtual bumps' or 'Inner tip lead'

Level 2 - You looked in the newsagents and saw some magazines on skiing but were too embarrased to buy one

Level 3 - You have a large pile of well thumbed skiing related mags in a pile by the Loo.

Level 4 - You venture into a bookshop and thumb through some books on skiing technique but figure you have to be pretty sad to buy one.

Level 5 - You leave the same bookshop with a copy of 'ultimate skiing' or simmilar in a brown paper bag and firtively look at the pictures at home.

Level 6 - You try to read the text but you just get a dull thudding headach after a couple of paragraphs.

Level 7 - You can read the text but its still gobbldygook

Level 8 - You can read and understand what the author is saying and do the things they tell you to do, you have more than one book

Level 9 - You start to dissagree with the authors, the guy is an idiot! You have lots of books some with highligheted sections and crossings out in pencil.

Level 10 - You start threads on BZK, your house is full of skiing books and manuals, you actively seek out texts you dont have you start to write you own book
(possibly one on a famous avalance)

I dont know if I have missed any stages out? Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevindonkleywood, in there somewhere- I don't know where is ' you have submitted pictures / articles to ski magazines and had 1 or more publications'- at least level 8, possibly 8+

level 8- you have many ski books and magazines at home which you read on a fairly regular basis, you start threads on snowheads (and TGR)

level 8+ you have submitted pictures / articles to ski magazines (at least 1 published)

level 9 multiple ski publications but no books authored

level 10 You are Arnie Wilson
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevindonkleywood wrote:
Level 1 - You have no awareness of Skiing books magazines or internet forums discussing 'virtual bumps' or 'Inner tip lead'

Level 2 - You looked in the newsagents and saw some magazines on skiing but were too embarrased to buy one

Level 3 - You have a large pile of well thumbed skiing related mags in a pile by the Loo.

Level 4 - You venture into a bookshop and thumb through some books on skiing technique but figure you have to be pretty sad to buy one.

Level 5 - You leave the same bookshop with a copy of 'ultimate skiing' or simmilar in a brown paper bag and firtively look at the pictures at home.

Level 6 - You try to read the text but you just get a dull thudding headach after a couple of paragraphs.

Level 7 - You can read the text but its still gobbldygook

Level 8 - You can read and understand what the author is saying and do the things they tell you to do, you have more than one book

Level 9 - You start to dissagree with the authors, the guy is an idiot! You have lots of books some with highligheted sections and crossings out in pencil.

Level 10 - You start threads on BZK, your house is full of skiing books and manuals, you actively seek out texts you dont have you start to write you own book
(possibly one on a famous avalance)

I dont know if I have missed any stages out? Very Happy

All without ever having left a snowdome. Amazing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

All without ever having left a snowdome. Amazing.

Toofy Grin

Level 11- You book a skiing holiday and realise you want to buy snowblades instead Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kevindonkleywood, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Surely one gets a higher level for buying Powder than the DMSS mag?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy