Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off Piste Ski Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I am off for a 10 day boys trip based in Valmorel. I suspect that this will involve some off piste skiing, the two scenarios are either cutting between pistes without a guide, we are also planning an off piste trip from Valmorel to St Martin, probably with a guide or a local.

I have an E111, also my Barclays insurance covers me on piste, and I will buy a Carte Niege.

My concern is the best way to get medical cover in the event of an off piste accident causing significant injury (the Carte Niege will get me off the mountain, the Barclays will cover me on piste and the E111 will give me basic health cover).

Anyone have any ideas of a cheap provider of unlimited on/off piste cover?

David
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what you mean by "cheap". The SCGB insurance seems to have the least complicated T&C's regarding off-piste as far as I can tell (I'm sure I'll be corrected if that's not true Toofy Grin ) and is cheaper if a) you're a member and b) you buy online.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yoda wrote:
Depends what you mean by "cheap". The SCGB insurance seems to have the least complicated T&C's regarding off-piste as far as I can tell (I'm sure I'll be corrected if that's not true Toofy Grin ) and is cheaper if a) you're a member and b) you buy online.

I think you are correct. What follows is a cut and paste from a post that I made on the ski club website regarding the club's insurance after reading through the policy details:

1. Under what is covered it refers to "winter sports" which include "off piste skiing" and "ski touring". It is that simple. There is no qualification about equipment, guides, avalanche warnings etc., desirable as these may be depending on the circumstances.

2. Under conditions it states "You take reasonable care to protect yourself and your property against accident, injury, loss and damage and act as if you are not insured and to minimise any potential claim".

3. Under search and rescue it states "We will pay reasonable costs of mountain search and rescue services in the event of an emergency".

That is it. Very simple and quite fair in my view. Note the word "reasonable" apears twice in the extracts I have quoted. I am not a lawyer but my understanding that the word "reasonable" is used quite often in law and perhaps one of our legal experts here might wish to explain the concept.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DavidYacht, this question has come up incredibly often - and very recently it was dealt with here.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the link, I didn't find that one and have gone for Direct Travel. Also considered American Express and Snowcard.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy