Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Total and utter blatant cheap deals

Poster: A snowHead
Since there is a thread on the antithesis of this, I thought it worth starting one on where reasonable deals may be had.

I will start off with home made soup, a bacon butty and a hot chocolate, for about £7. How does that sound ? Place: Glenshee cafes.

Since the snow is also good, why do you folk frequent France and it's expensive restaurants ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.thurneralm.at/index.php?lang=eng&page=home
One of the best on piste restauraunt I have been to yet. Beer eur 2.9 a pint! and the best spare ribs you could ever eat in front of the warmest log fire in the Alps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
deerman, It sounded great until you said where it was.

Quarter pounder with cheese, large fries, coke, £4.50. McDonalds, Milton Keynes.

See what I mean?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Travelzoo offered a week in Flaine this month for 229 incl. flights & self-catering for 2 people. Pretty impressive I thought given that the cheap deals are usually for you an 499 of your closest friends.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Travelzoo offered a week in Flaine this month for 229 incl. flights & self-catering for 2 people. Pretty impressive I thought given that the cheap deals are usually for you an 499 of your closest friends.

with free umbrellas? wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are some cheap chalet deals advertised on Igluski with various tour ops departing the next two weekends from £169 and plenty sub £300......and not all to places where it's gonna pour with rain!! wink

Search here, enter January, chalet, catered, 7nts, sort results by price, google the accommodation name and book direct with the tour op:

http://www.igluski.com/advancedsearch
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1 piece of chicken, 4 hot wings, and fries. 1.99. From the deep fried chicken filfth shop in Sutton high street.

Also available 6 hot wings and fries for 1.99, or 3 hot wings and fries for 1.00.
Thus technically the tight a4ses can get 6 hot wings and 2 fries for an extra penny abiove the 1.99 deal.

It's a long way from any ski slope though Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
luigi wrote:
There are some cheap chalet deals advertised on Igluski with various tour ops departing the next two weekends from £169 and plenty sub £300......and not all to places where it's gonna pour with rain!! wink

Search here, enter January, chalet, catered, 7nts, sort results by price, google the accommodation name and book direct with the tour op:

I wouldn't bother contacting the TO directly - in my experience Iglu can undercut their price anyway, you just need to ring up and give them a push. They seem to get a standard discount which they can use to get the price down for the customer, which the TOs won't eat into in the same way (no idea why) though obviously sometimes the price is as low as it can go to shift seats.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gazzza wrote:
It's a long way from any ski slope though Puzzled

hmmm that's what you think... wink

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 6-01-11 11:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
with free umbrellas? wink

Oh don't. Sad The weather report for Austria right now is looking very monsoon like - bother! I thought Flaine was very high though? (Am not versed with French skiing).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flaine? Not especially. 1600-2500m is pretty average in a higher-than-Morzine-but-lower-than-Tignes kind of way.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gazzza wrote:
1 piece of chicken, 4 hot wings, and fries. 1.99. From the deep fried chicken filfth shop in Sutton high street.

Also available 6 hot wings and fries for 1.99, or 3 hot wings and fries for 1.00.
Thus technically the tight a4ses can get 6 hot wings and 2 fries for an extra penny abiove the 1.99 deal. /

Is that at the ASDA end of the High Street? I find the pie and mash shop takes some beating for prices. At the other end Finnegan's has good fish and chips and cheap takeaway prices.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Latchico wrote:
Is that at the ASDA end of the High Street? I find the pie and mash shop takes some beating for prices. At the other end Finnegan's has good fish and chips and cheap takeaway prices.

Yes going down the high street it’s on the left just before the bottom entrance to the St Nic Centre, which everyone knows is the official border post of civilisation on the high street beyond which you accept the risks if you proceed Happy. Mind you that said the upper end of the high street is now cluttered with Piko's and Peacocks and a 99p Stores branch.

As you might expect from the price, it is of somewhat random quality, though if you like deep fried filfth the hot wings normally hit the spot and IMHO the fries there are better than Maccie D’s and Brrrrrga Kung.

Ah Finnegans – as frequented (once) and well reviewed by Michael Winner. A fine fish and chip emporium. Changed hands a year or so ago. Not quite as good as it was, but still pretty decent. The free French bread, pickled onion and gherkins make it just like being in the alps eh wink

I like the Merry Plaice though right down the bottom end. It’s a bit rougher decor wise (those pre-moulded cafe seats attached to the tables) but they do a Chinese style curry sauce which is way better and they have some good combo deals. Battered burger, saveloy and chips for 3.50. Plus the walk back up the high street afterwards makes me feel like I’ve earned it. Kind of like hiking for 15 mins to earn some turns in fresh powder – er only without the mountains or snow. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Monium wrote:
luigi wrote:

I wouldn't bother contacting the TO directly - in my experience Iglu can undercut their price anyway, you just need to ring up and give them a push. They seem to get a standard discount which they can use to get the price down for the customer, which the TOs won't eat into in the same way (no idea why) though obviously sometimes the price is as low as it can go to shift seats.

Sounds like good advice, I'll try that next time, thanks!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Since the snow is also good, why do you folk frequent France and it's expensive restaurants ?

Cos I can drive there quicker and less stressfully

Eurotunnel - crossing next Friday - £0 (with Tesco Vouchers)
ski holidays
deerman wrote:
Since there is a thread on the antithesis of this, I thought it worth starting one on where reasonable deals may be had.

I will start off with home made soup, a bacon butty and a hot chocolate, for about £7. How does that sound ? Place: Glenshee cafes.

good call actually, however prefer the one on the mountain to the one at the base. always thought it was good value for money.
same with the one down at the base at aviemeore.
snow conditions
Alexandra wrote:

just booked half board in courmayeur for 318 for the week. thought that was ok.
going sunday
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy