Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA City to Chambery, or Easy to Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is Chambery still perpetually fogbound? (But if so... are you better off with BA who will at least be more likely to get things sorted?)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chambery looks lovely on paper but when the weather goes wrong, it goes wrong big time. It goes wrong often too.

There is a fair chance you will end up at Geneva or, more likely, Lyon anyway, so I would book to one of those and know what my itinerary will be.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or take the overnight sleeper train and ski 8 days for your 7 nights. However, now that the half-price tickets are gone it is a bit expensive (though think of it as 2 nights plus travel and it's not so bad)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could do BA LHR to Lyon. Not a great deal further than CMF and the prices aren't too bad....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Problem with Lyon is the flight times.

Ryanair to Grenoble are very cheap, but I'm not sure I fancy Ryanair with a crowd in tow, and winter weather too.

Where do you find out details for the sleeper train? Have you a link?

Thanks,
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
James the Last, it can alos depend on the cost / availabilty of transfers from aiport to resort , some links are not so good from Chamberry , can get most places grom Geneva... I suggest check this be you decide - no good having £50 flight but £400 transfer ......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Friends of ours, who love London City, fly from there to Geneva (I've picked them up there twice). Can't remember which carrier it was, but that would be a good bet. Chambery is a risk. If it were "perpetually fog bound" it wouldn't be so much of a lottery.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, it's probably Swiss, city is a fantastic airport
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, my friends live in Romford, so it's very easy for them. Every cloud has a silver lining. wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
City Airport is great, and I love it, however just to note that City is also fog prone and even in mild fog, flights are stopped due to the very short runway...

Have had several flights to/from there cancelled or diverted.

CityJet (Air France) and Swiss, of which Swiss is the only one which takes skiis for free.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
holidayloverxx, my friends live in Romford, so it's very easy for them. Every cloud has a silver lining. wink

happily I live a little furhter out towards the country wink. very convenient - train to stratford then tube/DLR
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
michaelminhatkinson, perhaps you've used City more than me, but I've never had any delays or cancellations there
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy