Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wow... I hadn't realised that Switzerland was quite that expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
stoatsbrother wrote:
achilles, the Chinese might feel their overall economy and currency are doing well. Doesn't mean many of them will be afford to ski in Switzerland.....

OTOH perhaps too many in Western Europe have been under the illusion that they can afford to ski based on a standard of living funded by increasing national and personal debt. The Yuan is being kept at a low exchange rate to the dollar (which upsets the Americans). But it doesn't mean that it's a weak currency, and it's good for (Chinese) business. I think a low £ is similarly good for British business - painful though it is for skiing holiday costs.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Brookes, we do leave our fields from time to time if Flybe can be bothered to get us off the rock that is!! Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gsyfreerider wrote:
Chris Brookes, we do leave our fields from time to time if Flybe can be bothered to get us off the rock that is!! Laughing

how true Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Brookes, to be fair they have partly redeemed themselves recently. I was flying back from UK last week and for some reason booked the return via crapaudland. After circling your house for an hour we headed back to Gatwick where I presumed they would just abandon us. But hats off they put us up In the Hilton (b and b) and two rooms, booked us on the first flight next morning direct so we didn't have to go anywhere near the badlands and gave us a 40 quid food voucher for m&s. I was determined to spend all of Flybe's money, it was nearly midnight but it was like supermarket sweep I was buying food just because I could, filled my suitcase with pistachios and cashews because they were them most expensive thing I could find! Anyway don't know how you can afford to go skiing with all that GST you've got to pay! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gsyfreerider wrote:
Chris Brookes, to be fair they have partly redeemed themselves recently. I was flying back from UK last week and for some reason booked the return via crapaudland. After circling your house for an hour we headed back to Gatwick where I presumed they would just abandon us. But hats off they put us up In the Hilton (b and b) and two rooms, booked us on the first flight next morning direct so we didn't have to go anywhere near the badlands and gave us a 40 quid food voucher for m&s. I was determined to spend all of Flybe's money, it was nearly midnight but it was like supermarket sweep I was buying food just because I could, filled my suitcase with pistachios and cashews because they were them most expensive thing I could find! Anyway don't know how you can afford to go skiing with all that GST you've got to pay! Very Happy

OMG...im shocked they treated you so well , Flybe must have mistaken you for a bean to have given you such good customer service and by the time they had realised their mistake...it was too late

No GST in Guernsey (yet !!)...well you need something to make Donkey land inviting Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf wrote:
I'll make you all sick now, when my dear old Mum first went to Wengen it was 13 Chf to the pound and £50 (currency restrictions) would pay for a months full board at a reasonable hotel plus ski pass /hire etc

To be fair prices in Swiss Francs have probably not more than doubled since I was a small child 35+ years ago, it's the lousy British pound that has made things so expensive for us

Someone I know told me how a relative of theirs had bought a 12/13 bed chalet in Verbier in the early 70's when the exchange rate was similar and it cost them about £2000! He now estimates it to be worth a few million quid!

That's mainly for the land value too as the chalet has got gradually run down over the years and the building is no longer up to much.

I'm in Switzerland for a month this season so looks like I might be cutting back on eating! Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Exchange rate has moved up from 1.40 francs to the pound on Monday to 1.45 today, OK no great increase but slightly better...!
Taken from Travelex (best rate normally!)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
still waiting...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stoatsbrother wrote:
still waiting...
What is it about Dr's and waiting? Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy