Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR Mont Brequin to Orelle - the "Integrale" (almost)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
No show from clients today in Val Thorens (thanks guys ?) so I headed off in search of adventure.

Original destination was the Mont Brequin, at the far side of the ridge above the Lac du Lou:

The very distinct Pierre Fendue:

With firm snow conditions along the ridge I made quick time along to the Pas de la Masse. The summit guly on the Brequin wasn't looking great - although short it is 45/50º and needs a decent fill of snow... it was certainly climbable, but wouldn't have been any fun to ski:

So I headed straight round under the summit, and found an entire bowl of untracked snow (7 days or more after the last main snowfall!), slightly windblown, but most definitely soft powder!

And then some more:

Further down the snow was a little more sun affected, but a long traverse into the Combe Noire found some more powder:

And some more:

Approaching Notre Dame des Anges the snow was thinner, but still just as soft:

As Cilla would say, it's decision time - cut out here and skin back up to Plan Bouchet, or take a chance and head on down into the wilds of the descent to Orelle. With no one to complain if it all went a bit Pete Tong, there was only one solution - ever downward:

Approaching the Traverse of Doom, with the Bridge of Salvation below:

The Traverse of Doom, I did concede defeat round the corner as the snow completely ran out for 10 feet (and it was only 3 feet wide...):

Traverse of Doom from below:

Huge surface hoar flakes in the valley:

After some escapades on a narrow and slightly rocky path I finally hit the road to Bonvillard:

Bonvillard:

From here things got slightly complex (and prickly) and 5 minutes bushwhacking finally led to the road to La Fusine, with its classic Maurienne stone built houses:

Another short walk and some zen skiing (think yourself light) and finally the bottom of the bubble was in sight!

Epic! 2200m of descent with 2 x 5 minute sections of walking, and not a soul in sight once I had left an ESF group behind on the Caron-Brequin ridge.
Mont Brequin with one set of tracks (you may have to squint) - I wonder who that was?

A quick drink in the Bar in Francoz, then it was back up for an afternoon playing in the Caron couloirs - surprisingly there was still plenty of powder to be found, despite these being visible from the cable car!!
Happy days.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
offpisteskiing, Looks like you had fun !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice tr! Do you take deposits off muppets in case they don't show??
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bravo!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy