Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stuben Info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for Some Info on Stuben.
Would it be a good Base for the Arlberg Region and how long does it take to get to St Anton in a taxi from Stuben.
We are a mixed group of Skiers and Boarder.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When we've been to the Arlberg with my missus from her parents (who live in southern Germany close to the Austrian border) we've parked up and started out from Stuben. I was told this was because it had good access both for driving in and for access to the best skiing. It's only a small town though. There is a ski bus between all the parts of the Arlberg, though the best skiing I did was from Stuben.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stuben is just over the Arlberg pass from St Anton, I would guess it is about 20 minutes in a taxi. There are also regular Post buses.

The areas are linked, so you can ski to St Anton too of course. It is also pretty close to Zuers and Lech, but you can't ski there (well, technically you can but it's pretty serious off piste from the top of Valuga and you can't ski back).

It's a pretty good base for exploring the region, and Stuben itself is renowned for having the best snow in the area. The only downside (and it may not matter to you) is that there's not a lot going on in Stuben, it's a very quiet little village. It is a bit of a trek to get to the big runs on the Valuga, but then again if you are in St Anton it would be a bit of a trek to get to the slopes in Stuben...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chick, Great place to base yourself, you are ahead of the crowds to Albona which is one of the best placed in Arlberg, totally accessible and a great run home down Schindler to Alpe Rauz/ Stuben - tip........take a head torch, if like us you get last run home it can get a bit dark down the valley from the tunnel at Rauz!! Highly recommended, some good little bars including Willis Pilstube, enjoy!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For skiing = great, not so good if you're after apres/drinking though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy