Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation in St Anton or Kitzbhuel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at going to either St Anton or Kitzbhuel on 22 Feb for 5 days. Looking for reasonabily priced accommodation for 11 people.

Commming up blank. As usuall finding accommodation in the alps is a nightmare because nowhere is bookable online.

Anyone any suggestions of a nice pension/b&B or cheap hotel.
Or any website that lists available accommodation.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Kitesurfer, not sure about St Anton but doubt you will find reasonably price accomodation in Kitzbuhel as this is a fairly expensive resort anyway. Have you thought about going a bit further out like St Johann or Ellmau? you would have a better chance of budgeting from here. I always use the www.tiscover.at site for self booking. Hope this helps?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

As usuall finding accommodation in the alps is a nightmare because nowhere is bookable online.

Puzzled well there's loads of accommodation in the Alps which IS bookable online, but no doubt for non-standard periods in the peak of the season, it's more difficult. Phone the tourist offices?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed in Aurach a couple of years ago with it being cheaper. There was a free shuttle bus to the Hahnenkamm gondola and the taxi cost hardly anything if you fancied a night in Kitzbühel.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's not a great week for finding accomodation as it is the British (and many other countries') half term, so most of the British run chalets will be booked. However, as you are not going to France all is not lost:-)

For St Anton I'd try the tourist office website, they basically send an email to all hotels matching your criteria and the hotels will get back to you (or not): http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/winter/unterkuenfte/accommodation-search.html
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You might struggle that week for anything other than 7 nights, for St Anton anyway. Try looking for 7 nights
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski wrote:
You might struggle that week for anything other than 7 nights, for St Anton anyway. Try looking for 7 nights

True. St Anton is pretty bad for bookings that are not Saturday to Saturday. You could try looking further outside town, E.g. St Jakob or Petneu. Hotels are a bit more flexible there and you can easily get to St Anton on the ski bus.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kitesurfer, 22nd Feb is a Tuesday... you may as well just book the week Sat-Sat 19-25th as 5 nights Tues 22 - Sat 26 (inc) for 11 in peak season will be really tough as it crosses 2 weeks for most places.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I get what you are saying re the week. But we fly out after work tue evening and return late Sunday night which gives us 5 days on the slopes with only 3 days off work and only one weekend used up. Doesn't cost any more and I hate package holidays.

Have an offer from Kitzbhuel so not too bad, but will try a few other resorts too to have options.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kitesurfer, understood.

One theory is that lots of places won't sell odd days / split weeks until nearer the time - 2 weeks away - so if you're prepared to wait the choice will widen.

Early reports seem to be saying that resorts are quiet this year as the recession bites in Europe
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kitesurfer wrote:
I get what you are saying re the week. But we fly out after work tue evening and return late Sunday night which gives us 5 days on the slopes with only 3 days off work and only one weekend used up. Doesn't cost any more and I hate package holidays.

Have an offer from Kitzbhuel so not too bad, but will try a few other resorts too to have options.

I have this problem all the time, as I also like to do long weekends (I live close enough to Heathrow to be able to leave home on a Thursday morning and be skiing by 12:30... about the only benefit of living in the SE as far as I can tell). If you have an offer of a place in Kitz then I'd go for it; you might get someting in St Anton but it would mean hanging on to the very last minute. Not filling a week is bad enough (in the eyes of a hotelier), but crossing a weekend is even worse, espeically at half term.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kitesurfer, you could try some of the hotels in Stuben as they're queiter than St Anton. http://www.stuben.com/index.php?id=3&L=1 Stayed at Hubertushof a couple of years ago - very nice. Sister and hubbie stayed in the Mondschein same year and loved too. Hotel Post does pretty good food apparently.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy