Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bride les Baines

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Our group of about 9 or 10 have to book this week for the 22nd Feb or the 29th. Now our esteemed leader prides himself on finding bargain ski holidays. Bride les Baines is available and cheap, obviously because of its position and the long chair ride up to Merribel.

Now the thought of doing the 3 Valleys on the cheap appeals and on looking at past reviews, some say it's Ok and some say not.

Do the Snowhead massive, have views on staying at this resort.

We have looked and are still looking at other resorts but we want a fairly big area to ski in and I don't think you can get much bigger than the 3 valleys.

Is that long chair ride going to be a deal breaker ?

Bernie.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it was me it would have to be really , really cheap ........

Don't forget got to get the lift (a bubble I think) back down to Brides at end of day ..... so got to get there b4 it shuts.......

Can get some really good deals in La Tania (and prob other bits of 3V), with easier access to the piste and can ski back.....

Also if a group can get more of a good deal .....

Just my opinion.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bernie, are you determined to go to the 3 Valleys? It's the height of the French school hols (Paris) and the place will be rammed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ok - if you can get a better deal in some fo teh other villages then so be it,

But ive already gone on record to say that i think Brides is great - it is a proper small french town. There is not much night life, albeit a couple of reasonably good bars.
Very good bakery at the far endof town above the river.

I found the morning and evening lift a nice wind up/wind down. And remember that the Brides lift starts 30 mins before the Meribel lifts.

There's a good bar at teh bottom of the lift in Brides
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good point ..... pam w,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bernie, as this is such a peak time there will be queues for going back down in the evening as well as going up in the morning. I've had that at half term in the past.

Whether you do it depends on your budget. I thought the town was all but dead Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Correction.

We are planning on the 22nd or the 29th of January not February. Would that fact make a material difference to queue times ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been to Brides several times in Jan and found it great. It takes 30 mins on the gondola to Meribel. Nice relaxing ride down with great views if weather is good. Brides is very small and quiet with a few good restaurants that are much cheaper than Meribel or Courchevel. We like it for the price you pay. If the snow's good you can ski to a one of the mid stations between Meribel & Brides or if really lucky there's a route all the way down - but never been able to do that ourselves.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've stayed with a rep friend a few times in Brides and it's great! As has been previously stated there isn't much night life but a few of the bars are ok.

Make sure to grab yourself a pizza at Pizza Mans, it's in the little covered shopping area - you won't regret it! If you're feeling saucy you could grab a can of Amsterdam (strong beer) as well when you're in there!

If you're going with a tour operator make sure to speak to your rep about a bar crawl. When I was there the reps organised a coach up to Meribel where we toured the pubs and clubs up there, one of the bars has a shot bar which is brilliant! Just remember to be there in time to get the bus back, as if I remember the taxi ride is supposedly quite dear.

I never found the long chair ride a deal breaker. We generally take our phones on the slopes and managed to encode a few episodes of Family Guy to watch on them on the way up. The lift gives you a good excuse to sort out your gloves and stuff. I also got to know the games on my phone a little better Very Happy

If I remember correctly there are a couple of stops on the lift before you reach the top, so don't get too excited when it slows down, you're probably not at the top yet!

If you decide to book I hope you have a wicked time!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy