Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pragelato 16th Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have booked my first trip of the season and getting excited.
We went for a quick practice this morning at Chill Factor in Manchester, came out and then booked a very good deal to Italy with the very helpful Crystal staff who were in the loby.
My girlfriend and I are staying at the Pragelato Village Resort and Spa (sounds very grand)

Is anyone else staying there that week?
Would anyone like to meet up to ski with us? (both mid 30's, me Ski hard all day, on and off piste, OH enjoys more relaxed skiing on piste to enjoy the holiday)
Anyone fancy a day hard core off piste?
Does anyone know about buses to Sestriere? Can we jump on an early bus to get up to big cable car to get over to Saux d'oux without it taking all day. Is there buses back later in evening if we stay for some light apres in Sestriere.

Any help advice on the area will of course be greatly received.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is anyone out there?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They have just started to run a free night bus that links all the resorts in the milky way throughout the night not sure of the full details but if you go on the milky way website I am sure the details will be there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, just back from a week at Pregelato Spa Resort so I'll try to provide some info. There are both free resort buses as well as the public buses running the 15 minutes from Pregelata to Sestriere on a regular basis, I'm sorry but dont know the exact times but they do run pretty much all day, and into the evening. However I still think that the best way to get over to Sd'O will be to get first gondola from the resort at Pregelato (goes from just opposite reception) which takes you direct to mid level of slopes above Sestriere. You can ski down then take a chair to centre of front of town then short poll across to gondola up to Sd'O. Coming back you just need to be at top of Sd'O gondola by aboiut 3-30 to get down to Sestriere then up a chair, across and up again to catch the last pregelato gondola at 4-40.
The Spa resort was very nice with the accomodation being the best part, very spacious new and clean. TV (only English Channel was Bloomberg TV) and DVD in every room and free wi-fi in every room (although it was down for 3 days of our stay). If you are with Crystal I think they only do half board so you will need to manage the evening meal which was the only let down for us. My view was that with 2 kids 10 and 14 after a days skiing all we wanted was a good wholesome meal before crashing out in chalet. However at Spa resort the evening meal is a formal 6 course dinner served starting at 7-30 and which with the slow service can take up to 2 hours to get through. Food was small portions of cold meats and main courses of horse, venison and deer. After 3 nights of this we gave up and ate every night at the excellent pizza restaurant some 100 yards out of the resort gate (opens at 6-15 by 7 there are queues out the door but well worth the wait). Breakfast was a typical buffet meal which we all enjoyed.
Skiing, which of course is the most important bit was great. It was our first time at Milky Way and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. We did have good weather, apart from the day we went to Montgenevre, and conditions on all runs were pretty good, although they could do with some fresh snow.
Please send me a PM if you have any specific questions I could help on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you very much, I can't wait
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy