Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel Insurance - any recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any recommendations for travel insurance to include winter sports? We have always done year long world cover with Direct Travel Insurance - thankfully never had to use so not sure how good they really are!
Always fancied dog tag so i could wear the tags but way too expensive!
Snowhead info always valuable. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fill your boots with what's been discussed before. Especially read the small print if you go off-piste. Your age can also be a factor. Also be aware of how well companies payout if you have a medical emergency, or have heavy search and rescue costs.

Snowcard, Dogtag, BMC and the SCGB all have policies worth looking at. None are dirt cheap. personally, when I had a problem, I was grateful that the help from my insurance company (snowcard at the time) was good - and the cost of the premium I had paid became rather irrelevant.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
achilles, agreed, Snowcard have always looked after me without a quibble when needed. Not an area to economise IMO
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
flog873347, why aren't you renewing with Direct Travel? (I've just taken out their annual policy)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles, thanks for the advice - just tapped in snow card in google and second heading is from Snowheads with a nightmare story!! Third heading a good rec from a snowhead - just shows it's almost a lottery if anything does happen. (Also shows Snowheads get everywhere!)
Any others worth looking at?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx, Dont panic - i was just looking around, thought instead of just taking easy route renewing I'd spend some time having a look around. I've used for 4 years but as I say, lucky enough never to use so no idea how good they are!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flog873347, Direct Travel looked after me incredibly well when I needed them they were totally on the ball and repatriated me with minimum of fuss and follow up service was top notch as well. I am still using them albeit with a premium for the knees but still very reasonable and they give me all the cover I need for off piste and heli skiing etc.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Check the cover carefully. I am currently Not Happy with dogtag as I'm due the princely sun of £10 for flight delay, I lost a day's skiing and £10 does not compensate for that. My fault for not checking first but I will be making sure to advise others to check before buying
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt, for me the important things are medical cover including repatriation, 3rd party liability, and search and rescue cover. Most of the rest is niff naff which I am quite happy for my household insurance to cover, or to underwrite myself. The nice thing when I had snowcard insurance was that it was modular, and I could menu-pick the cover I needed.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gsyfreerider, - think I'll just renew the DTI then, although not needed them, wife popped a knee 4 years ago and they were very good and helpful when trying to renew after the op. Lets hope none of us need them this year!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
check ski hire coverage. skiset charged me €780 after some Fitzwilliam stole my hire atomic d2 73's last week. insurance covers £300... sob
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hobbiteater, wow. What bad luck. That charge seems a little strong - though I appreciate, skiset would have had an admin cost to replace the skis, which may have been of rental grade.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
achilles wrote:
nbt, for me the important things are medical cover including repatriation, 3rd party liability, and search and rescue cover.

Yup that's why I went with Dogtag, the only ones I found that would offer S&R cover for offshore yacht racing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles, to be fair to skiset they told me the charge when i collected them, my fault for not knowing the details of my insurance - Direct Travel Premier btw.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hobbiteater, i have checked the small print and yep, even though £300 is low I'm happy enough; also my own skis won't be covered at all next year under 5 year diminishing value, but the clincher for me was the unlimited number of days per annum, provided it is a max of 17 in any 45 day trip - I'm never going to hit that limit whereas with my previous insurance I was always having to add up how many ski days I'd had and how many booked to make sure I didn;t blow the 17 or 30 days max PA - too much faff and similar price,.
snow conditions
Thanks for this post. Just booked my insurance with Direct travel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy