Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI SWEDEN part 2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now that I've figured out how to use the site (I wish I'd have known about Snowheads sooner!)
Like I said in my last message, I have access to a cottage in Lofsdalen, Sweden in the Härjedalen mountains (check www.lofsdalen.se) I get 6 weeks of the season there and have organised ski buddy trips before when my family are not using it.

I'm looking for three ski or snowboard buddies to go on two different dates:

Jan 8th-15th (sorry for the very short notice) for 6 days skiing The cost of this will be £100 accommodation per person (I don't do this for profit) plus food, booze, petrol kitty and budget airline flights, ski and lift pass (20% discount off lift pass as low season) I have a car in Sweden, properly maintained and serviced with a full set of winter tyres...and Abba CDs rolling eyes

The other date is Jan 22nd -27th for 4 full days of skiing (plus an extra 3 hours on the Wednesday when they do floodlit skiing from 5-8 pm) This will be cheaper than £500. I run a food, booze and petrol kitty which I contribute to as well. I cannot stretch this trip to an extra day.

The cottage has 3 bedrooms so you'll either get your own room or share with one other (same sex sharing). It's really cosy inside the cottage. It has a log fire, comfy living room area with a TV, a Sauna, ski storage area and fantastic views. You can nearly ski to the door at the end of the ski day.

Snow depths really good. Around 22 runs and suitable for beginners and intermediates.

Lofsdalen is a small resort and the locals are really friendly. English tourists are a rare sight. Most come from other parts of Sweden and Norway.

NO MONEY UPFRONT. The way I have run these before is that we speak, meet up first in London if possible, and then book the flights. Your flight confirmation gives me peace of mind that you won't let me down! I live half the time in Sweden so speak the language and know the resort well.
Testimonies available.
All the best for 2011 wherever you may be skiing and remember the motto: Don't eat yellow snow!

Ossy Evelyn
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, the o e at the end of January, you say it will be £500 but the one 2 weeks earlier is I only £100? Is this right? May be interested in the one on 22nd jan. Flights are very expensive though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there, no, I should have made it clearer. On both trips the accommodation element of the holiday will be £100 per person. There is a food, booze and petrol (300 miles each way) kitty. Obviously the food, petrol, and booze kitty will be smaller on the trip with fewer days. Last year I set the kitty at a £100 per head per week and there was a bit left over at the end. The kitty will be enough for all our meals, (including a packed lunch) and allow us to get wine and beer too. What are the flights showing at the moment? I've just checked........ On the shorter trip leaving 22nd Jan, the cheapest combination is Norwegian airlines outbound (£44.50) and Ryan Air inbound from Vasteras (93 kroner--less than £10) (at 7.50am 3/1/11) TOTAL £54
The trip leaving on the 8th is expensive, I have noticed and you are right! However, I have thought of a way round reducing this. For anybody reading and interested ..... if you can have one day less, ie 5 full days of skiing you can depart from Stansted-Stockholm (vasteras) on the Sunday 9th and come home on Saturday 15th from Stockholm Arlanda with Norwegian airlines. That works out at £125 return at the moment. I can pick up from one airport and drop off at another, no problem. The trouble is that Ryan Air have cut a lot of winter flights all around Europe so juggling two budget airlines can be a smart option as long as you haven't got a car parked at the UK airport.
Ossy

I am setting a deadline of Wednesday for the trip on the 8th or 9th and will run this trip but only with minimum three joining me. My phone number is 07588 489099 since time is of the essence.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ossy Evelyn, i would be coming from Manchester, what airport were these cheap flights from?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just looked into it and they are from London gatwick.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Neither of these dates work for me but I'll keep an eye out for these trips. I work outside Stockholm quite a bit (65 nights in 2010) so may be able to link something in with existing plans. Although looking at my current ski/work plans it might be next season, not this. I've always fancied trying a bit of Swedish skiing.

Ricklovesthepowder, Ryanair fly from Liverpool to Stockholm Skavsta, although like a lot of Ryanair airports it's a bit of a stretch to say Skavsta is a Stockholm airport (~100km)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Higs, cheers mate i will look into it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ossy Evelyn, Hi,, I must first say,, that I like Lofsdalen, But I think that U have to take care about to say to interrested skibuddys what Lofsdalen is for kind of resort, so U not will have problem with sad skier in the car back. I am swedish, I have work and lived in nearby skiresort (Vemdalen) now I live in France, Lofsdalen is a familyresort, with very easyskiing, Complete quite, minimum of aprés ski, specely in january, when scandinavian think its to cold, and I think that english skier will find it cold to. The weather forecast for the next 10 days looks good with snow, and a temperature of minimum -15 celsius, but normaly in this part of sweden, the morning temperature is lower than -30, when I lived there the the temperature one night in mid january was -48, and the sun is not make it warmer before end of february, the resort need more snow. there is possible to have nice offpistskiing in the end of season, on the backside of the mountain,, but the wind take the snow away, and there use to be alot of wind early season, for the moment the black pist on the top is closed, to little snow, Most of the skiing is also very flat, a normal skier find it boring after 2 days, maximum, There is good area for nordic skiing,, so if your skibuddys know this, they will love Lofsdalen, but anyway, have a nice trip, and good luck with your skibuddys Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks but I don't agree with you. Many people that have been with me wanted to go back there and have done so. They don't want wild apres ski, hot dogs and t shirts. We make our own parties in the cottage whcih are much better than loud bars.

Easy skiing? There is some great semi off piste and some tricky red runs. Lofsdalen is fine for all but experts. I don't understand your spoiler tactics. With all due respect, go and throw a bucket of sick somewhere else, not over Lofsdalen.

Anyway, THE FIRST TRIP IS NOW FULL. Still space on January 22nd. DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO FREEHEELSKIER. He's entitled to his opinion but I believe his comments are misleading and wholly unjustified. See the website, study the piste map and make up your own mind folks!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for your post. Keep in touch. I have never researched Manchester flights but Skavsta is not an option. It's nearly 2 hours extra driving to Lofsdalen from there. I live just 30 minutes from the other Stockholm Airport, Västerås. This is where I prefer to pick up from, or Stockholm Arlanda. Ossy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ossy Evelyn, I cant understand what u are try to say,,, If U read what I say,, I say that They will LOVE Lofsdalen, if tey know what it is, I like it to, But it s not heaven just beacause you have a house there Blush
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I don't understand your spoiler tactics. With all due respect, go and throw a bucket of sick somewhere else, not over Lofsdalen.

Puzzled The info comes from a Swede who knows the area well. It sounds a wonderful place for some kinds of people (I think I'd like it very much) but it makes sense to let people on this forum know that it's not Morzine.

And don't say "with all due respect" when you don't mean it.....and are about to be pretty abusive.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, yes I think you will like Lofsdalen, I do that Very Happy . I will coming up a little later with a review about good skiresorts in sweden on "Resort Reviews and Trip Reports" Who they are for? Familys, beginners, intermediates or experts, and if there is crosscountry skiing. , I will do the same about norwegian skiresorts, beacause in scandinavia there is some very good resort that only visits by scandinavian skier
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ossy Evelyn,
Quote:

Many people that have been with me wanted to go back there and have done so.

Quote:

THE FIRST TRIP IS NOW FULL. Still space on January 22nd.

It´s looks like "proffessional organising trips" for me Confused
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy