Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Confused about Sunglasses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I have bought a pair of sunglasses from tog 24, it says they are advanced technology 400UV protection and are CAT 3.
Is this ok to wear for skiing or do they have to be polarized?

Thanks in advance for any input
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yepp, they'll be fine!
Although, if you're going somewhere cold, some goggles may be worth a purchase!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

if you're going somewhere cold, some goggles may be worth a purchase

agreed. Not only if it's cold, but also if it's snowing. But you don't need to buy fancy ones, and they're one item which is not too expensive to buy in resort, if you hit that sort of weather.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can someone recommend me some decent but not that expensive sunglasses for skiing. £50 maximum
really. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Can someone recommend me some decent but not that expensive sunglasses for skiing. £50 maximum
really. Thanks.
Hi ricklovesthe powder If you get lucky tk maxx has Cebe glasses which you can pick up at £15 retail price £90-£100 go forth and seek.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or for the fiver or so they cost the Aldi sports sports sun spec do the job fine and come with a variety of lenses for all light conditions. In store at the moment
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or for the fiver or so they cost the Aldi sports sports sun spec do the job fine and come with a variety of lenses for all light conditions. In store at the moment
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I second what davkt says. Aldi specs are fine and given the number of pairs of wraps I've sat on and Bloc shades that I've lost the side bits to and super system stuff that has failed to clip together, it's a relief to have something where it's worth buying two or three pairs and just plain wrecking them.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers guys, far cheaper than I thought anyhow! I will go and take a look tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
do they have to be polarized?
some don't like polarised for skiing because it makes any icy patches much harder to see.

I'd go for something in polycarbonate (not glass - which Polaroids used to be so they could etch the lines on them) and cheap - as others have said then it matters not if you lose 'em or sit on them.
But some will rave about Oakleys - who do seem to be able to do repairs.

Pays your money and takes your choice.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have sunglasses made for me in Albertville, with my distance vision prescription. Cost around 25 euros, which is the most I've ever paid for a pair of sunglasses. 90% of the time I ski in goggles (with distance vision inserts which cost about the same). The goggles are Bollé and cost about 30 euros. I can't imagine why anybody who is not too flush with money would think of spending £50 on a pair of sunnies.

I wear a helmet, and although I don't pay much attention to the "gaper" arguments, I have to admit that sunnies and a helmet is not a good look. wink

The sunnies are nice for sitting on a terrace with a cold beer.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't know how you could ski in sunglasses after you've skiied in some nice goggles!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy